Author Topic: Personalized features  (Read 725 times)

Personalized features
« on: September 10, 2013, 07:14:00 pm »
I think it would be amusing to have the ability to create personalized profiles with our own top 10 lists, favorite systems, etc. It's kinda fun to browse other people's collections, so being able to see personal details like that might be good. Then you could look up any random game and see how many favorite lists it's on for many people. Or use that data to create a section on the site that shows which game is on the most people's favorite lists, which games most people have, etc.

Or even a small comments board for each game could be fun too. All of us here love these games, and we like hearing about each other's experiences with them, right?

haloofthesun

Re: Personalized features
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 08:24:47 pm »
This is getting close to a rating and review system which seems to be beyond the scope of this site (which is good, as there are already dozens upon dozens of them), but I do kinda like the idea. Something small like this could work I suppose.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 04:08:01 am »
I don't think we need reviews, since you can find those anywhere, but more like something iTunes does. You like a song, you pick a little star rating. You like a certain group of games? Make a small "playlist" with your top 10.

I guess it might be a little beyond the main purpose of the site, but it could add some fun for a lot of us data fiends that enjoy stats and whatnot. Since it's a site dedicated to enthusiasts that clearly like keeping track of things, various bits of info aggregated from all of our collections could be entertaining.

What's the most common game we all have?

What's the most common year of release for most of our games?

Weird stuff like that.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 10:22:30 am »
I don't think we need reviews, since you can find those anywhere, but more like something iTunes does. You like a song, you pick a little star rating. You like a certain group of games? Make a small "playlist" with your top 10.

I guess it might be a little beyond the main purpose of the site, but it could add some fun for a lot of us data fiends that enjoy stats and whatnot. Since it's a site dedicated to enthusiasts that clearly like keeping track of things, various bits of info aggregated from all of our collections could be entertaining.

Weird stuff like that.

doesn't sound bad...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

htimreimer

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 10:52:44 pm »

Weird stuff like that.
i like this idea  ;D