Author Topic: October 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 19284 times)

desocietas

Re: October 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2013, 05:22:53 pm »
I would like to preface this by saying I love it when girls work at pawn stores.

Was out yesterday and on the way home, figured I would stop in one of the local pawn stores. They have a huge rack full of 360/PS3 games and I saw 2 copies of Dragon Age ultimate edition. One was marked $20 and the other was unmarked. So I grabbed the unmarked one and walked over to the accessory area. On top was one of those camo PS3 controllers. Ive been wanting a 4th controller anyhow and with the stepson getting interested in military stuff, figured this would be one he would use. Took the controller and the game up to the counter. I asked on the game first and the girl (obviously unknowledgeable on gaming) said "How about $5?" ... I then asked on the controller (I turned it over and they just bought it yesterday according to the purchase sticker) and she said "$20 for all?" Out comes the wallet! Controller is in perfect condition and the game itself doesnt have a single mark on it. Considering any official PS3 controller is still $60 on the shelf and the game is $30 new, I saved a good chunk of change.

Niiice.  Now I hope you're not saying that you love it when girls work at pawn stores *because* they're unknowledgeable on gaming ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2013, 05:34:22 pm »
No, just saying that normally when I run into a female behind the counter at a pawn store, they know nothing about gaming. Obviously there are gamer girls out there! *poke*

foxhack

« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2013, 06:13:41 pm »
I just bought this:

It's so stupid but I couldn't resist.

jcalder8

« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2013, 11:36:33 pm »
My wife picked these up for me tonight:

There is a third larger poster in the same theme as the second poster but there was no frame large enough for it.

sin2beta

« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2013, 12:52:47 am »
I recently picked up After Burner and Slam City with Scottie Pippen. The 32X collection is starting to get quite large. 22/36!!

I love After Burner and the 32X version is possibly the best. It's right up there with the Saturn version but with no load times.

As for Slam City. It may not be good, but damn it, I love Tom Zito games for some reason. Hell, I love FMV games. I'll be honest, one of the next systems I'm looking at as a side project is the 3DO.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

pacpix

« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2013, 12:56:51 am »
How many copies of Cosmic Carnage do you own for the 32X?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

sin2beta

« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2013, 12:58:50 am »
How many copies of Cosmic Carnage do you own for the 32X?

Sadly, only one. But may have to pick up a replacement. I never knew you could wear out a cartridge before....

:P

atariboy

« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2013, 05:52:40 pm »
Just picked up from local pawn shop:

NES - Hogan's Alley - $.99
NES - Defender of the Crown - $.99

N64 - Killer Instinct Gold - $1.99

Edit: All Cart Only
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

insektmute

« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2013, 06:12:28 pm »
Steam sale on Mount & Blade: Warband and Risen. Snagged both for a grand total of $7.50 :D

sin2beta

« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2013, 10:03:29 pm »
Picked up mutant league football.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2013, 10:25:54 pm »

That's a win. I love that game.

I found Battleship for the NES This afternoon. It feels so good to buy NES games.

foxhack

« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2013, 01:16:33 am »
Hey look, it's the only football game ever made that's worth a damn! :D

desocietas

« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2013, 02:38:51 am »

So true.  I hate sports, and I loved that game!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2013, 12:07:28 pm »

Never played it. I never have been a football fan of any sort, either.

But the one football game worth playing, IMO, was NFL Blitz on PS1. It was a ton of fun to just beat the hell out of your buddies' players during and in-between plays.

sin2beta

« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2013, 01:35:21 pm »
Interesting. Mutant League Football always felt like a reskinned Madden to me. I figure if you like one you'd like the other... guess not. But there is something about the simple addition of mutants that makes it better. This is true in most aspects of life. A fun run is ok. But a fun run with mutants is hella cool. The game also came out at a great time. It was based on one of the first Maddens. Still fairly arcade like. Not too different from Tecmo Bowl and the like. But it made passing doable. Seriously, find an PreMadden game that made passing enjoyable. It's not possible.

I do like the modern EA games. I haven't played modern Madden. In fact, the last one I played was 96. I remember liking that one back in the day. But I have played the modern NCAA Football series. I honestly enjoy those. But I tend to like the more simulation based games. I also like to see my Colorado Buffaloes beat the Oregon Ducks by 100 points.

I also enjoyed NFL Blitz. However, I will admit that game has not aged as well as I would've thought. I played it a few months ago and just could not get into it again.

I really enjoy NFL 2K. I did not play sports games then. But I remember being blown away by that.