Author Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Cartoon VHS  (Read 10567 times)

90snostalga

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Cartoon VHS
« on: October 07, 2013, 11:20:36 am »
Just curious if any one else is like me, and collects the original Ninja Turtles cartoon series on VHS, Rugrats, Dragon Ball, Darkwing Duck etc.???  Also wondering, if anyone has a complete list of all the original Turtles tapes released?   I cannot find one on Google.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Cartoon VHS
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 01:41:08 pm »
It would probably be more expensive and harder to track them all down in VHS form. How many episodes does a VHS hold? 2 to 4?

I'd just get the season sets on DVD.

scott

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 01:51:50 pm »
I had a couple of the VHS TMNT episodes and if I remember correctly it was only 2 episodes / tape. I would agree w/ burningdoom that it'd if you only wanted them to watch then it'd be cheaper to get the DVD sets. (I still want the Party Wagon complete series set D:)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 02:41:54 pm »
I had a couple of the VHS TMNT episodes and if I remember correctly it was only 2 episodes / tape. I would agree w/ burningdoom that it'd if you only wanted them to watch then it'd be cheaper to get the DVD sets. (I still want the Party Wagon complete series set D:)

That DVD set has the most awesome box ever.  I really think my son needs that.  ;)

90snostalga

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 03:08:30 pm »
I've got about 7 of the tapes now.  3 of them were the special Burger King Kid's Club releases.  The Burger King ones had 1 episode but the rest 3-4.  I don't know why but I love the tapes.  Well, collecting them.  The box art and the memories fascinate me.  They are really not too expensive because I find them at the Good Will or flea market once every few trips.  I just didn't know if their was a list.  Are the any VHS that any one collects of any thing specifically or just me? lol

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 03:24:55 pm »
I've got about 7 of the tapes now.  3 of them were the special Burger King Kid's Club releases.  The Burger King ones had 1 episode but the rest 3-4.  I don't know why but I love the tapes.  Well, collecting them.  The box art and the memories fascinate me.  They are really not too expensive because I find them at the Good Will or flea market once every few trips.  I just didn't know if their was a list.  Are the any VHS that any one collects of any thing specifically or just me? lol
I have a bit over 100 VHS tapes, on top of my already hefty DVD collection. I mostly collect bad movies or bootlegs though. :P

I especially like to collect old direct to video Mexican movies from the 80s and 90s. These will never appear on DVD, ever, they're stupid and raunchy but I grew up with them so...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 06:50:30 pm »
Are the any VHS that any one collects of any thing specifically or just me? lol

Nothing specific. But I still have 2 perfectly working VCRs and a large VHS collection already. So it really doesn't matter to me whether I get a movie on VHS or DVD. Just whatever I come across at a good deal, whichever it might be.

I don't have a Blu-Ray Player or HD-DVD, though. I had an HDTV for 2 days. I hated how it made standard definition channels and DVDs look far worse, so I took it back.

How hard would it be for an HDTV to have an HD and standard setting, like a PC monitor?

sin2beta

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 11:14:25 pm »
I don't collect VHS. But could be sucked in very easily. I loved the TMNT VHS tapes. I'm remembering 2 episodes per tape. But I'm sure I'm wrong. I think they were burger king. I remember f.h.e being at the beginning.

Loved those. I have the digital episodes purchased and fight buying the DVD box set.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 04:45:16 pm »
Just curious if any one else is like me, and collects the original Ninja Turtles cartoon series on VHS, Rugrats, Dragon Ball, Darkwing Duck etc.???  Also wondering, if anyone has a complete list of all the original Turtles tapes released?   I cannot find one on Google.

I have quite a few. The FHE tapes have 2 episodes. The Burger King ones only have 1 episode. I have quite a few of them myself. I collect cartoons on VHS/DVD so maybe I can take some pictures.

tripredacus

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 07:17:25 pm »
Ok it seems like I have more than I do. I guess its still a lot. I have the FHE tapes sorted by their item number (the number near the bottom of the spine). The first one on the left I believe is the first released VHS in 1987. Its item number is 12710, and all the other FHE tapes are in the 20,000 range. Also unlike the other videos, it has 5 episodes on it:
- Turtle Tracks
- Enter the Shredder
- A Thing About Rats
- Hot-Rodding Teenagers From Dimension X
- Shredded and Splintered.

tmnt vhs 1 by Tripredacus, on Flickr

Here's the rest of them.

tmnt vhs 2 by Tripredacus, on Flickr

I see recently that TMNT was released in seasons on DVD. The original DVD releases (see vol 5 in the pic) are not in season order, but more some random assortment.

90snostalga

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 03:00:32 am »
Ok it seems like I have more than I do. I guess its still a lot. I have the FHE tapes sorted by their item number (the number near the bottom of the spine). The first one on the left I believe is the first released VHS in 1987. Its item number is 12710, and all the other FHE tapes are in the 20,000 range. Also unlike the other videos, it has 5 episodes on it:
- Turtle Tracks
- Enter the Shredder
- A Thing About Rats
- Hot-Rodding Teenagers From Dimension X
- Shredded and Splintered.

tmnt vhs 1 by Tripredacus, on Flickr

Here's the rest of them.

tmnt vhs 2 by Tripredacus, on Flickr

I see recently that TMNT was released in seasons on DVD. The original DVD releases (see vol 5 in the pic) are not in season order, but more some random assortment.

Excellent set!!  I'm going to try to list some of mine.  Which is that Turtle video in green box to the right of the blue burger king one?

90snostalga

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 03:02:24 am »
I want to list a couple of pictures of mine.  Ho do you list an image?

90snostalga

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 03:11:48 am »
Sorry if these are too big!  I uploaded on photobucket and I do not know how to shrink size  :-\ please forgive me

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:22:33 am by 90snostalga »

90snostalga

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 03:25:32 am »
Finally figured it out!   ;D Just a few of my cartoon VHS tapes.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:32:10 am by 90snostalga »

90snostalga

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 03:44:20 am »
Are the any VHS that any one collects of any thing specifically or just me? lol

Nothing specific. But I still have 2 perfectly working VCRs and a large VHS collection already. So it really doesn't matter to me whether I get a movie on VHS or DVD. Just whatever I come across at a good deal, whichever it might be.

I don't have a Blu-Ray Player or HD-DVD, though. I had an HDTV for 2 days. I hated how it made standard definition channels and DVDs look far worse, so I took it back.

How hard would it be for an HDTV to have an HD and standard setting, like a PC monitor?

Hey.  I just got an HDTV earlier this year!  I did not want to sell my soul to the Blu-Ray era but, the only read I got an HD, was because I got a great deal after taxes and got a 3D HD 1080P tv from Best Buy open item for like 600!  I took advantage!  So me and family love to watch 3d Blu-Rays.  They are fantastic.  Other than that, I only care for the HD for sports.  Hockey is excellent in HD and NFl!  But I do have a lot of tapes and I still get them and a massive collection of DVDs!!!  But I usually play old systems 8 bit and some 16 bit on standard and newer on HD.  But you are right about the standard def channels.  I was trying to watch a Hockey game the other night and I only got that particular game in standard, and it looked horrible!!   Could not watch it!  But it would of been fine if it was standard tv.  They are wanting everyone digital and on HD.