Author Topic: X-box One Will Collect Users Kinect Data to Sell to Advertisers  (Read 2688 times)

Re: X-box One Will Collect Users Kinect Data to Sell to Advertisers
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 02:28:06 pm »
Blah blah blah, Im a big Microshaft fanboy

Nice way to join our forums. Xbox none is trash and this is just more proof.

I'm an Xbox fanboy because you guys fail to use simple brain power to think logically and instead jump on random hate wagons and don't even know what you are hating on?

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 02:31:38 pm »
I don't care that Microsoft fixed most of the issues with the X1. Or more accurately, I don't care that Microsoft has gone back on everything they said. Some of it has been blown out of proportion, but the fact remains this was going to be a nightmare. I'm not going to support a company so blatantly anti-consumer who is basically saying "We'd screw you so hard if we could get away with it, but you noticed what we were doing."

No it actually was not going to be a nightmare. THe WHOLE thing was blown out of proportion. Especially the USed game thing. used games were going to be the same, the main complaint with used games, which was the biggest issues, was that if you gave someone your game, it would vanish from your harddrive.

But uh, when you SELL a game to someone you don't have it anymore, so....It was basically just greedy people.

The always on Kinect was SHOWN turned off at the reveal before E3 but people decided to twist that into always on.

And I hope you aren't supporting Sony because then you would be one of the larger hypocrites.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 02:42:17 pm »
Blah blah blah, Im a big Microshaft fanboy

Nice way to join our forums. Xbox none is trash and this is just more proof.

I'm an Xbox fanboy because you guys fail to use simple brain power to think logically and instead jump on random hate wagons and don't even know what you are hating on?

Well...tbqh...when you call 1 or 2 posters (on a site w/ 1,000+ members) "you guys" - it doesn't really help your case at all.

Actually, ~99% of the (regular) posters here aren't fanboys/girls of any kind.  It would be really hard (if not impossible) for you to find any of us who only buy and/or play on 1 company's systems...

At any rate, Welcome to the site, though!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 04:17:09 pm »

This isn't GameFAQs or some other trash heap, but a site comprised of collectors and hardcore gamers. The overwhelming majority of us own at least a half-dozen consoles and hundreds of games, some of us import games from China and Japan on a regular basis, and some of us even pick up arcade hardware. "Fanboy" is generally not a term that appears here, positively or negatively.

Most of us also have some degree of familiarity or friendship with one another, and ad hominem nonsense like "you guys fail to use simple brain power" is also generally something that doesn't happen here.

You have no collection listed, describe yourself as an Xbox fanboy, and mostly seem interested in sowing negativity. If you're not a troll, and are looking to actually use this site, I strongly suggest you step back and read for awhile before continuing to post.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:32:27 pm by insektmute »

haloofthesun

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 07:44:51 pm »
I don't care that Microsoft fixed most of the issues with the X1. Or more accurately, I don't care that Microsoft has gone back on everything they said. Some of it has been blown out of proportion, but the fact remains this was going to be a nightmare. I'm not going to support a company so blatantly anti-consumer who is basically saying "We'd screw you so hard if we could get away with it, but you noticed what we were doing."

No it actually was not going to be a nightmare. THe WHOLE thing was blown out of proportion. Especially the USed game thing. used games were going to be the same, the main complaint with used games, which was the biggest issues, was that if you gave someone your game, it would vanish from your harddrive.

But uh, when you SELL a game to someone you don't have it anymore, so....It was basically just greedy people.

The always on Kinect was SHOWN turned off at the reveal before E3 but people decided to twist that into always on.

And I hope you aren't supporting Sony because then you would be one of the larger hypocrites.

lol

ffxik

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 02:07:13 am »

Ok......

1).  Not being able to sell games used UNLESS the person in question was on your friend list for 30 days and it can only be sold ONCE, ergo that person is stuck with it.  Only allowing certain retailers to even accept and subsequently resell used games.  Some games not being able to be resold at all.  You buy a turd you're stuck with it.  Only being allowed to share your games with 10 friends.  I have a lot more than that borrow games from me on a regular basis.  Now, where in the wild blue hell does this even sound like the way it works today?

2).  The consistent internet checks, yeah fail a 24 hour check and you basically have an overpriced DVD/Bluray player.  Do I have high speed internet? Yes.  Do I have a 360 with Xbox live?  Yes.  Is it currently connected to the internet?  No.  Have I been playing the shit out of it?  Yes!

3).  Microsoft announced that the Kinect would need to be plugged in, for the system to even FUNCTION.  It might not have to be on but it still has to be connected.  A vast majority of gamers don't even want the thing, period.

4). Your "millions" of people I seen in an older post is a grievous exaggeration.  I'm being generous when saying 100,000 at best actually wanted the restrictions back. 

5).  PC gamers have been putting up with DRM restrictions because the majority of them rolled over and took it.  No questions asked.  All hail the PC master race....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:21:44 am by ffxik »