Author Topic: If you see me get any tears in my eyes as a guy i do apologize and here's why  (Read 2200 times)

lordscott

Fellow Gamers some of you gamers touched my heart when you still love and still play both the classics and new games equally like i do nowadays some or most gamers only want graphics graphics graphics when they act like that it makes me sometimes sad of being a gamer and sometimes that makes me ashamed of calling myself a gamer because of how some gamers are nowadays :).

And when i see some collection videos or any collection of fellow gamers,fellow anime fans in general i notice there is some of us who still love and still play the classics and it does touched me and for getting chocked up or having tears in my eyes or act well glad that some of us are still around who don't care about graphics as long as the game is fun and for that i apologize for having tears in my eyes I'm sorry as a guy if you see me having tears in my eyes :).

And if I'm only straight guy who felt this way i understand just of sharing my feelings about this and feel free to leave any comments you want plus i don't know am i only guy who feels this way anyway i apologize for a long read thanks for reading this and if it's wrong spot admin please put it in a good spot thanks again letting me say this and say how i feel.

And i like to add this too as well some of you fellow gamers have some of my favorite games and and some of my all time favorite games.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 12:55:24 pm by lordscott »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Welcome to the site, lordscott!

And, yes - certainly many of us here share your love & enthusiasm for games from all ages and in all resolutions  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

Hey, guys can cry, too!  No gender or sexual orientation should prevent a tear from being shed, especially a joyful tear!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Hey, guys can cry, too!  No gender or sexual orientation should prevent a tear from being shed, especially a joyful tear!

"*REAL* Men" don't cry!

*sniffles*

:'(   ;)   :o   8)   :-[   ;D

pacpix

"*REAL* Men" don't cry!

*sniffles*

I think this applies better to you disgaeniac  :P
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

"*REAL* Men" don't cry!

*sniffles*

I think this applies better to you disgaeniac  :P

?

blipcs76

I find it funny that the people who base their enjoyment of games by how good the textures and lighting look are often the same people who hate stuff like the Star Wars prequels and Transformers because they're nothing but shiny visuals over substance.

We play videogames because they're first and foremost, fun experiences.  Many games released 20 years ago are still as fun today as they were when we were children, while many modern games focus entirely on making games technical showpieces first and the fun factor seems to be an afterthought.  It's why I am still a Nintendo gamer.  Their games are far from cutting edge from a technical standpoint, but I had far more fun with games on my Wii than on any other system.  While they may lack the mature nature of something like Bioshock or Red Dead Redemption, they're what the core of what games should be.  Fun.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

I find it funny that the people who base their enjoyment of games by how good the textures and lighting look are often the same people who hate stuff like the Star Wars prequels and Transformers because they're nothing but shiny visuals over substance.

We play videogames because they're first and foremost, fun experiences.  Many games released 20 years ago are still as fun today as they were when we were children, while many modern games focus entirely on making games technical showpieces first and the fun factor seems to be an afterthought.  It's why I am still a Nintendo gamer.  Their games are far from cutting edge from a technical standpoint, but I had far more fun with games on my Wii than on any other system.  While they may lack the mature nature of something like Bioshock or Red Dead Redemption, they're what the core of what games should be.  Fun.

starts slow clap...

lordscott

starts slow clap...

my thoughts exactly sadly how some or most gamers are nowadays like how i describe  and i agree with blipcs76 about games should be fun and they should stop caring about graphics and start having fun like most of us do or at least some of us do and some gamers judge other gamers they need to stop judging other gamers like a fellow gamer's friend said to him who cares about old games i forgot the gamer's user name i think he was on his account on gamespot.com site

turf

PRO Supporter

A good example of this is in the twilight days of the NES. Most companies had figured how to squeeze every graphical drop out of that 8-bit machine. Taito said "Eff this. Let's focus on gameplay."  Have you played Little Samson?  That game is a lot of fun. It's not the best looking game on the NES, but dammit it's fun. Panic Restaurant is the same story.
Fun > Pretty

lordscott

A good example of this is in the twilight days of the NES. Most companies had figured how to squeeze every graphical drop out of that 8-bit machine. Taito said "Eff this. Let's focus on gameplay."  Have you played Little Samson?  That game is a lot of fun. It's not the best looking game on the NES, but dammit it's fun. Panic Restaurant is the same story.
Fun > Pretty

I know right and no i haven't played Little Samson or Panic Restaurant  before but i am open to willing to try it and see if i love it as one of my many favorite games too as well and my motherboard of my NES is sadly completely rusted out i either just replace the motherboard or just replace the whole thing i don't know yet what to do with it yet :).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:32:49 am by lordscott »

brunauss

starts slow clap...

*joins clap and whistles*
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

starts slow clap...

*gets excited & starts stomping*

brunauss

We play videogames because they're first and foremost, fun experiences.  Many games released 20 years ago are still as fun today as they were when we were children, while many modern games focus entirely on making games technical showpieces first and the fun factor seems to be an afterthought.  It's why I am still a Nintendo gamer.  Their games are far from cutting edge from a technical standpoint, but I had far more fun with games on my Wii than on any other :-)system.  While they may lack the mature nature of something like Bioshock or Red Dead Redemption, they're what the core of what games should be.  Fun.

starts slow clap...

*gets excited & starts stomping*

*swings fist through the air in circular motion and hoots*
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

You guys say "nowadays". Graphics ALWAYS were a big deal in gaming.

Even way back in the 2nd generation, Intellivision was already using graphics as their selling point. The NES sold millions based on the fact that it's graphics blew the hell out of the 2nd generation consoles. The 16-bit wars was all about graphics (blast processing, Mode 7, FX chip, etc.). Sony tried to make game publishers make ONLY 3D games for a while on the PS1.

And more importantly, the majority of gamers bought into it all. It's not a new issue, it's an always has been around issue.