Author Topic: UPDATE - Badges and Item Info  (Read 6900 times)

matt

UPDATE - Badges and Item Info
« on: February 17, 2011, 03:20:45 pm »

The updates just keep on rolling in. A new badge system has been created to start rewarding users and to help you show off a little bit. You'll soon notice a few new icons on your collection page. Each of these icons represent a certain achievement or status on the site. We'll be adding more of these soon. Thanks to @scott for the icons.

On top of that I've also adding item details to the actual item pages. Now instead of clicking the edit button to see your game notes, cost, etc., you can click on the item and see that info displayed on the page. This should help make this information more available.

That's all for now!

scott

Re: UPDATE - Badges and Item Info
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 09:54:43 am »
Ya  I really dig the addition of my collection stats to the games pages. Makes at a glance checking a lot easier.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

tpugmire

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 11:29:48 am »
So are the 100 and 200 Item badges for how many items are in your collection, or for how many items you have submitted?  If they are for the amount in your collection, is there a way to track how many items you have submitted, and have badges for those as well?  Might be a fun way to get people to add more than what they have in their personal collection...
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 12:49:29 pm »
The 100, 200 badges are for items in your collection. Currently they only go up to 500.  I'm working on designing one for adding games now. I was thinking of prolly something like 1, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000. Or something like that.

matt

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 09:50:00 pm »
There is still a bug in the badge system that I can't seem to figure out yet. If you should have a badge and haven't been awarded it yet, please let me know.

matt

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 09:51:35 pm »
and just like that the BUG HAS BEEN DESTROYED! Let me know if you are missing a badge. I'll look through all the users.

scott

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 11:54:03 pm »
Just finished up doing badges for 600 - 1000+ items in collection. At the moment we're thinking that will be the cut off for item numbers, but I guess we'll see where it leads. I'm thinking if we do add more it will go something like 1000, 1500, 2000. We'll see.

More work on badges behind the scenes. Both Matt and I have been kinda sick the last few days, so maybe we can churn out some more updates on the badge system soon. I've gotta list of them I would like to get designed soon.

Keep your eyes peeled.

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 12:39:08 pm »
any way to integrate the badge system into the forums? as well as post count.

scott

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 03:39:36 pm »
I hope we can get the forum to seem more integrated. This one seems to be pretty stripped down and I do kinda like having a "profile" box on the side of each post.  Hopefully @matt can figure something out. :\

scott

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 10:44:13 am »
Badges for forum posts are done. Just need to find a way to implement them. Next up are the badges for Adding items to the database. :D

atariboy

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 11:29:50 am »
Cool, I'm liking the Badges
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

scott

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 10:40:19 pm »
Badges for Editing entries are now done. Just need @matt to get these and the forum ones up and running.

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 02:52:45 am »
Need.  More.  Badges.  *drool*

Also, the collection thumbnail view looks much better now without the edit detail appearing under every image.  Good stuff.

matt

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 09:34:46 am »
> monochrome
> Need.  More.  Badges.  *drool*
>
> Also, the collection thumbnail view looks much better now without the edit detail appearing under every image.  Good stuff.

Yeah that was a stealth update I pushed out without announced. Glad you like it.

scott

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 02:09:46 pm »
All previously planned badges are designed. Just need to get them implemented.

Hopefully soon.