Author Topic: Slip Covers  (Read 805 times)

Slip Covers
« on: October 29, 2011, 08:44:29 pm »
Some games are released both with and without slip covers. For example, I ordered Deus Ex: Human Revolution from amazon and it came with a slip cover, but I just seen it sitting on a store shelf being sold without the cover. For some older games it might be hard to know if a game was released both with and without a slip cover. How should we handle this? Separate entries? A check box under the barcode in the game description indicating that there is a slip cover, but maybe not for each release? Something else?

scott

Re: Slip Covers
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 08:55:09 pm »
How many copies were there? I know I went to Best Buy the other day and they were selling Fallout: New Vegas and it had a slip cover on it. But it was loose on the shelf w/o the little anti-theft case on it too. Maybe someone ganked it?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 09:16:08 pm »
I say separate entries, but only if they were sold like that at retail (if say the first run had a slipcover, later runs didn't, etc.) They're basically alternate covers, after all.

scott

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 09:22:24 pm »
@foxhack is right, treat it like any other variation. If someone later on comes in and mentions that "x game never had a non-slipcover release and here's y evidence" then we'll merge the entries. Or something, ha.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread