Author Topic: November 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 18722 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: November 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2013, 12:01:57 pm »
Found Killer Instinct on the SNES yesterday

« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2013, 01:18:36 pm »
Steam sales are kicking into full gear already, so I snagged Legend of Grimrock, Outlast, and Titan Quest Gold, woot!

pacpix

« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2013, 12:44:52 am »
I don't usually buy digital games, but I picked up Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition from Steam for six dollars.  I honestly did not think I would convince my parents that I could play the game.  Its the first M rated game I have owned (except perfect dark for N64 I got in a game lot) and they were not overly enthusiastic.  It was basically an awkwardly silent room for a half hour while they read about it online and I paced the room ha.
I am really excited to play it though, it looks like my kind of game.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2013, 02:00:10 am »
I don't usually buy digital games, but I picked up Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition from Steam for six dollars. I honestly did not think I would convince my parents that I could play the game.  Its the first M rated game I have owned (except perfect dark for N64 I got in a game lot) and they were not overly enthusiastic.  It was basically an awkwardly silent room for a half hour while they read about it online and I paced the room ha.

You're making me feel very old  :o

But the good news is your parents care and do their own research - I can't tell you how many parents came into my old shop and thought GTA was a driving game because there were cars on the box :/

desocietas

« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2013, 02:46:15 am »
I don't usually buy digital games, but I picked up Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition from Steam for six dollars. I honestly did not think I would convince my parents that I could play the game.  Its the first M rated game I have owned (except perfect dark for N64 I got in a game lot) and they were not overly enthusiastic.  It was basically an awkwardly silent room for a half hour while they read about it online and I paced the room ha.

But the good news is your parents care and do their own research - I can't tell you how many parents came into my old shop and thought GTA was a driving game because there were cars on the box :/

I agree with Kimimi.  I'm glad they're not writing off every game as being destructive, but they're also not naive about potentially inappropriate material.

The fact that they're willing to hear you out, then do some of their own research to understand your request is such a surprisingly refreshing sign of parents who really care.    Most parents would either just say yes no matter what or say no to everything without being willing to discuss the topic.

Also!  Congrats on the new game purchase!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 02:51:34 am by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2013, 02:52:16 am »
Oh Black Friday shopping, how do you deliver shit I marginally want?

Dropped $35 and got 2 things I wanted and 1 I didn't know I wanted until it was $10.

PS3
Ratchet & Clank Collection
Twisted Metal

3DS
Paper Mario Sticker Star

theflea

« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2013, 02:59:33 am »
Picked up some black Friday sales.

PS3
- Twisted Metal
- Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition
- The Last of Us

XB360
- Battlefield 4
- Angry Birds Star Wars

and picked up a battery pack for my Xbox One.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

pacpix

« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2013, 03:19:21 am »

I agree with Kimimi.  I'm glad they're not writing off every game as being destructive, but they're also not naive about potentially inappropriate material.

The fact that they're willing to hear you out, then do some of their own research to understand your request is such a surprisingly refreshing sign of parents who really care.    Most parents would either just say yes no matter what or say no to everything without being willing to discuss the topic.

Also!  Congrats on the new game purchase!

Yeah they are usually pretty fair, but it was hard enough getting rated T games into the house I did not expect this.  They have always had a negative connotation of most rated M games being like "that game where you can kill hookers and do drugs" so I hope I helped change that a bit.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2013, 12:01:27 pm »
I don't think your parents did enough research on the game.

You'll be swearing your lungs off soon enough. You'll see. :P

I have a lot of wants this week but I have no money. Sigh. :(

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #159 on: November 29, 2013, 12:04:27 pm »
I've only grabbed 2 games so far for black Friday
Rayman Legends- Wii U- $25
Sleeping Dogs- PS3- $10

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #160 on: November 29, 2013, 12:25:25 pm »
Black Friday at Game Central in Batesville, AR!

Wii A/V Cable
James Bond Jr. on NES
Mickey Mania on SNES
Adventures of Batman and Robin on SNES

All for $33 and change. I'm happy.

sin2beta

« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2013, 03:08:49 pm »
Went to Thrillhouse games. Bought 33 games for 54.61. Nothing too amazing. The highlights would be:

Alisia Dragoon
Golden Axe 2
Double Dragon 3
Mortal Kombat (Sega CD)
Mortal Kombat 3

Bought a bunch of filler sports games 5 for $2.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #162 on: November 29, 2013, 03:13:03 pm »

My wallet weeps

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2013, 03:39:49 pm »
Went to Thrillhouse games. Bought 33 games for 54.61. Nothing too amazing. The highlights would be:

Alisia Dragoon
Golden Axe 2
Double Dragon 3
Mortal Kombat (Sega CD)
Mortal Kombat 3

Mmmmmmmm...... Thrillhouse Games. My favorite game store I've ever darkened the door of.

scott

« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2013, 03:52:43 pm »

Alisia Dragoon
Golden Axe 2
Double Dragon 3
Mortal Kombat (Sega CD)
Mortal Kombat 3

I do need to get me a copy of Alisia Dragoon. Nice pick ups!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread