Author Topic: Turbografx-16 game not working.... any fixes?  (Read 6952 times)

jobocan

Turbografx-16 game not working.... any fixes?
« on: October 30, 2011, 01:45:52 pm »
I just bought Air Zonk on TG-16, and I can't get it to work. I tried other games on my TG-16 just to make sure the console was fine, and I had no problem with them. Is there anything I can do to make it work?

Re: Turbografx-16 game not working.... any fixes?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:54:55 pm »
Have you cleaned the connectors already? An eraser, rubbing alcohol or windex(I use the kind w/vinegar)?

Try not pushing the card all the way in and see if it works, perhaps the connection to the HU isn't so great. you can try putting a dab of solder on each pin to help with the connection.

If none of the above works than the poor lil HU is doomed... There is no known way to fix a busted HU. You still might want to keep it around to makeshift a bootleg region adapter out of it.

scott

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 01:49:42 pm »
Did you try blowing on it?

err, wait that's NES. ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 08:09:23 pm »
I actually DID try blowing on it :P
I'll try with another eraser (it's crazy, I can't find any erasers here), but so far it seems like a no-go... and I've been pretty hyped to get this game too :(

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 11:01:35 pm »
That sucks that it's Air Zonk too and not just Keith Courage or something easier to replace. Now I'm wondering how TG16 cards even work as you can't take em apart and there doesn't seem to be much room for anything.

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 11:39:10 pm »
Now I'm wondering how TG16 cards even work

Magic, probably.

killerchameleon

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 08:14:30 am »
Nothing to wrong with the Hu cards either it’s dirty or a powerful magnet some how crossed its path and wiped it.

foxhack

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 12:56:38 pm »
Nothing to wrong with the Hu cards either it’s dirty or a powerful magnet some how crossed its path and wiped it.

What? But... what?

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 05:44:25 pm »
I'm right there with you now... I bought a copy of New Adventure Island and its toast.

jobocan

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 06:26:22 pm »
Sorry, never found a fix. Did you try the eraser? Otherwise I frankly haven't found anything.

scott

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 06:42:10 pm »
Have you tried windex and a q-tip? I clean all of my NES games with Windex exclusively and they all work on the 1st try now.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 07:44:40 pm »
I dont see how any of the older games can not work. Its not like the new crap thats on disk that can get scratched. Unless its spent hours soaking in water, Im sure they are cleanable and will work again.

ffxik

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 06:57:18 am »
As everyone has undoubtedly guessed.  Hu-cards are very fragile, unlike an NES cart where you could bounce it off a wall, and more than likely get it to work.  That kind of shock could wipe a Hu-card. As could someone sending them through the mail without proper protection. 

It is funny that black section of the card is what holds the game information.  The rest is just eye candy.  So if anything happens to it.....  I would avoid putting unnecessary pressure on that part of the card.

Note this also applies to Master System cards, obviously.

So, be gentile   :D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:00:27 am by ffxik »

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 03:29:10 pm »
As everyone has undoubtedly guessed.  Hu-cards are very fragile, unlike an NES cart where you could bounce it off a wall, and more than likely get it to work.  That kind of shock could wipe a Hu-card. As could someone sending them through the mail without proper protection. 

It is funny that black section of the card is what holds the game information.  The rest is just eye candy.  So if anything happens to it.....  I would avoid putting unnecessary pressure on that part of the card.

Note this also applies to Master System cards, obviously.

So, be gentile   :D

img from pcenginefx.com