Author Topic: Secret Santa VGCollect 2013 (sign ups closed)  (Read 30554 times)

karyann

Re: Secret Santa VGCollect 2013
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2013, 04:26:49 pm »
I'm really interested in participating, I've been wanting for a while to get more invested in the community :) However I just moved and where I live now, there's pretty much only an EB Games nearby, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get something specifically on a wishlist :( Do you think it's a big problem? I'd really rather not participate than send someone a gift that will disappoint them. I have a few doubles or goodies that I don't need, but if it's nothing that this person would want... meh :-\

soera

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2013, 04:48:24 pm »
To be honest, a lot of the gifts are probably going to be bought on Ebay/Amazon/what have you. You could get lucky enough that you have what the person you end up with wants though!

If you are still interested, Ill add you to the list. :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2013, 05:29:50 pm »
Completely off topic...
soera Dude, you bought Moonwalker. It's not a bad game, but it's not real good either.  But that 8-bit Smooth Criminal is amazing.

karyann It's Christmas. It's the thought that counts. Besides, I'm sure you could find a solid used game at EB games that will fit into someone's wants. Jump right in there.  Be part of this!

karyann

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2013, 05:41:03 pm »
Alright then, I'm in! I should stop worrying so much I guess :P Let's have fun!

I'm in Canada (Quebec), if that changes anything for the match-ups. And my wishlist is here on my profile.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:44:44 pm by karyann »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2013, 08:09:23 pm »
Wait, what's wrong with E.T.? That's one of the best family movies ever made, IMO.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2013, 08:56:30 pm »
Alright then, I'm in! I should stop worrying so much I guess :P Let's have fun!

I'm in Canada (Quebec), if that changes anything for the match-ups. And my wishlist is here on my profile.
Never mind. We have too many Canadians already.  ;)

tpugmire

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2013, 10:10:44 pm »
I'd assume that most people would have put at least a couple things that are easy to find and currently available at retail on their wish list. I did anyway. I doubt anyone expects anyone else to go hunting to find some holy grail stuff.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

soera

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2013, 10:18:29 am »
All right, basically 24 hours until Im closing sign up. Going to end it right at 3pm tomorrow (which gives an entire week to have signed up). If you dont have a wish list yet filled out on the forums or have not sent me a wish list, please get it in asap.

Im going to do the randoms after I close this and send out messages to everyone saying who gets who. You will then have 2 weeks to get a gift for someone, get it mailed, and respond on here saying "package sent". You dont have to say who you are buying for at all. You can even leave the name on the package anonymous if you choose (you will most likely still have to leave a return address however).

As far as the opening of the gifts, its up to you if you wait until Christmas to open them. If you decide to wait till Christmas to open them, at least leave a post saying you got your item. Also if you dont wait to open them, dont post any pics of what you got till then.

Enjoy!

desocietas

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2013, 11:11:17 am »
All right, basically 24 hours until Im closing sign up. Going to end it right at 3pm tomorrow (which gives an entire week to have signed up). If you dont have a wish list yet filled out on the forums or have not sent me a wish list, please get it in asap.

Im going to do the randoms after I close this and send out messages to everyone saying who gets who. You will then have 2 weeks to get a gift for someone, get it mailed, and respond on here saying "package sent". You dont have to say who you are buying for at all. You can even leave the name on the package anonymous if you choose (you will most likely still have to leave a return address however).

As far as the opening of the gifts, its up to you if you wait until Christmas to open them. If you decide to wait till Christmas to open them, at least leave a post saying you got your item. Also if you dont wait to open them, dont post any pics of what you got till then.

Enjoy!

Yay!  Looking forward to xmas morning for once (it's been a long time)!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Secret Santa VGCollect 2013 (1 day left to sign up)
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2013, 12:51:35 pm »
To be clear to everyone, whoever gets me, I'm not gonna be butt-hurt if you open it early. It's not like I'm gonna be there to see the reaction on your face or anything.

And really? We can't post our goods until Christmas?  :'( I'm impatient. I want to see what people think of all this..

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2013, 01:15:20 pm »
To be clear to everyone, whoever gets me, I'm not gonna be butt-hurt if you open it early. It's not like I'm gonna be there to see the reaction on your face or anything.

And really? We can't post our goods until Christmas?  :'( I'm impatient. I want to see what people think of all this..

Agree!

Open em' if ya got em'  :o

I, also, don't care in the least when the loot gets opened & reported here...that said - I do also totally agree w/ soera that we should definitely have an "All I got for (my vgcollect) Christmas is _____" topic/thread...revealing who everyone's 'Santa' was -and- what everyone got  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2013, 02:54:55 pm »
Ahhh fine! :P I guess if you want to post early, go for it. Im going to bronze that turd Turf is going to send me and take a pic and show it once its done!

karyann

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2013, 04:50:48 pm »
I can't wait to see what everyone gets! It's gonna be Christmas early :) or twice!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2013, 05:01:04 pm »
Ahhh fine! :P I guess if you want to post early, go for it. Im going to bronze that turd Turf is going to send me and take a pic and show it once its done!

You know I have your address, don't you?  Don't tempt me.

soera

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2013, 05:40:59 pm »
I wouldnt want to try to explain the smell of the package when you are at the post office!