Author Topic: What Are You Watching This Season?  (Read 7295 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

What Are You Watching This Season?
« on: November 14, 2013, 01:18:18 pm »
What are you watching this season?

What I'm watching, this season:

-Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
-Arrow
-Comic Book Men
-Defiance
-Dracula (the best show nobody is watching, it has a very gothic atmosphere.)
-Impact Wrestling
-Sleepy Hollow (I have it on my DVR, but actually haven't watched it yet)
-Simpsons
-South Park
-Walking Dead
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 01:55:38 pm by burningdoom »

soera

Re: What Are You Watching This Season?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 03:35:42 pm »
I simply can not believe people are still watching the Simpsons. There is no way that show can still produce anything of value. Its almost a 30 year continuous cartoon. Thats unreal. Anyhow, I digress.

The shows I usually watch are always the same.

CSI - Been watching it since its pilot and have never swayed once. Own every season of all 3 versions that has been released.
Different reality shows (Face off, Top shot, Ink master, Best ink, Full throttle saloon, Bar rescue) - Face off season ended last week, Ink master a couple weeks before that, Top shot a month before that. Full throttle starts again in about 2 weeks with another season of Face off starting at the beginning of 2014.
Criss Angle Believe - I like his style of magic and have, for the most part, enjoyed his current show.
Impractical Jokers - The funniest show on TV ever bar none. I dont think there has been an episode that I have not enjoyed from start to finish.
Tosh.0 - This season is getting pretty boring to the point where I think he may have one more good year left and thats it.

I wanted to try the Agents of SHIELD but I havent heard anything good about it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 03:48:14 pm »
I simply can not believe people are still watching the Simpsons. There is no way that show can still produce anything of value. Its almost a 30 year continuous cartoon. Thats unreal. Anyhow, I digress.

So is Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman, Looney Tunes, Disney, etc., etc. Just because it's old, doesn't mean it can't be entertaining.

soera

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 03:51:15 pm »
Its just my own personal opinion. I found the Simpsons boring and out of material from the first couple of weeks they had their own series.

pacpix

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 08:17:33 pm »
Impractical Jokers - The funniest show on TV ever bar none. I dont think there has been an episode that I have not enjoyed from start to finish.
LARRY!!!
My Dad and I love this show.  We watch them whenever we notice it flipping through the channels.

I recently started watching The Walking Dead.  I watched seasons 1-3 over the summer and really enjoyed it.  Other than that I don't watch a whole lot of TV anymore except for Mariners and Seahawks.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 08:36:19 pm »
dracula. so far this has been really good
Brooklyn 99
simpsons (on season 4)
a football life
as much sport as my wife will allow me

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 09:14:56 pm »
Agents of SHIELD
Revolution
The League
The Walking Dead

I usually watch The Ultimate Fighter, but Ronda Rousey annoys me so bad I can't stomach it this season.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 10:24:17 pm »
Honestly I need to actually start watching some new Shows. Currently the only thing I am Watching right now is the anime Kill La Kill which if you haven't started watching it yet, just watch the First episode. if you turn away for a second you'll miss something.

I'm going to try watching Agents of SHIELD this weekend(I believe it's on Hulu) I've got hopes for that, meant to watch it when it premiered but forgot about it

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 12:52:43 pm »
Man, I forgot all about Once Upon a Time: Neverland. For some reason, the DVR recorded the special preview episode and the first episode, but then didn't record like the last 3. Luckily it's on On Demand, so I can catch up.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 07:01:07 pm »
Currently watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Castle, The Mentalist and Blacklist.

I also pick up a little bit of Monk, House and Law & Order when I stay late working on stuff up at work. Then there's all the locally-produced stuff that my station does (talk shows and game shows).

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 04:10:34 am »
What I'm watching, this season:

-Comic Book Men
-South Park
-Walking Dead

Please check out the games I have for sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 02:10:33 pm »

This season isn't just better, I'm calling it: Best show on T.V. right now! So glad it isn't the CW soap-opera it was last season.

The last few episodes in particular, were just so awesome. Diggler breaking into the prison to save his wife, and running across Deadshot. That episode was so action packed and fast-paced, it's what T.V. nowadays needs more of, and less talking heads. And it totally set-up for a future Deadshot vs. Arrow episode.

And how many comic book references does this show drop? It's hard to tell if we're gonna see future development with these characters or if they're just name drops to get fanboys excited. But I've seen quite a few.

-Kate Spencer (Manhunter) is Oliver's mom's lawyer. (Played by the hot doctor from Stargate SG-1, but a blonde this time instead of a red-head.)
-Amanda Waller (leader of Task Force X and the Suicide Squad) is Diggs' wife's boss
-Ivo Storm (creator of Amazo) is the baddie on the flashback island sequences.
-S.T.A.R. Labs is mentioned in news reports in the background.
-And Barry Allen is in the previews for the next episode!

Plus we already have the obvious connections of Black Canary to Sarah and Speedy/Arsenal to Roy Harper.

And OMG, that big reveal at the end of the last episode. I so didn't see that coming. I guess I should have with the nature of comics, but I didn't.
Does that mean his son could still be alive, too?

Anyone not watching Arrow this season, is missing out. And this is coming from a guy that gave up halfway through the first season due to it's soap-operish nature (which it no longer has).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 02:34:40 pm by burningdoom »

soera

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 02:17:10 pm »
This season isn't just better, I'm calling it: Best show on T.V. right now! So glad it isn't the CW soap-opera it was last season.

Which show are you talking about?  :o

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 02:34:59 pm »

Which show are you talking about?  :o

Sorry, fixed it, copy and paste, lol.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 11:43:28 pm »
I might be interested in watching Arrow once Nightwing makes an appearance.  Black Canary looks demon-fierce with that mask, in my opinion.  Then again, I only saw a snippet.

Missed out on watching Sullivan & Son so I'll see if my TV provider has any episodes I could catch.

Please check out the games I have for sale.