Author Topic: A Link Between Worlds  (Read 2925 times)

darko

A Link Between Worlds
« on: November 26, 2013, 02:02:11 pm »
Who has it and what do you think? I popped it in for the first time last night right before bed. It's super nostalgic and I'm liking what I'm seeing thus far. I'm barely into the game - maybe 30-45 minutes.

If I had to give it a rating on nostalgia alone, it would already get an 8 or 9 out of 10!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: A Link Between Worlds
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 02:39:56 pm »
I SOOOO want to play this game. SO VERY BADLY! But I need a 3DS first.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 02:42:31 pm »
Get a 3DS!  Or even a 2DS.  Or just wait until there's a good bundle that you'll want :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 02:50:27 pm »
Get a 3DS!  Or even a 2DS.  Or just wait until there's a good bundle that you'll want :)

Oh I will. But I'm waiting to see if my wife is getting it for me for Christmas first. I have a feeling she is, because she mentioned Black Friday shopping at midnight after Thanksgiving (and the 2DS is $99 at Target, then).

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 02:53:01 pm »
Between this, Wind Waker HD, New Super Luigi Bros., and Super Mario 3D World; I SERIOUSLY don't understand how people are sweeping Nintendo under the rug like they aren't even a part of the next-gen. While the PS4, Xbox One, and PS Vita are all new and shiny, can you guys seriously tell me they have better GAMES this Christmas season than the Wii U or 3DS? I think not.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 04:29:20 pm by burningdoom »

darko

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 04:16:18 pm »
It took me buying a PS4 to consider buying a Wii U. Damn Wii U...

karyann

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 09:11:48 pm »
The Zelda 3DS XL is going to be $150 instead of $220 this week-end only, only at Target. Might be your chance to get a 3DS :)

http://www.nintendonews.com/2013/11/zelda-a-link-between-worlds-3ds-xl-bundle-149-99-starting-thursday/

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 03:00:45 pm »
The Zelda 3DS XL is going to be $150 instead of $220 this week-end only, only at Target. Might be your chance to get a 3DS :)

http://www.nintendonews.com/2013/11/zelda-a-link-between-worlds-3ds-xl-bundle-149-99-starting-thursday/

Hm, well, possibly...

https://twitter.com/worthplaying/status/405780194620743681
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 06:20:51 pm »
If they back out of it now, they're gonna have a bad time  :o

jobocan

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 10:08:45 pm »
Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game by far, and this just brings me a lot of the same feel. The rental shop is barely noticeable. The problem I thought it would cause is mitigated by the fact that the dungeons are sort of set far from each other in an almost-path, so you'll probably end up playing them in a pretty similar order on your first playthrough. You can play them in pretty much any order, but you probably won't :P

I'm 5 dungeons in so far and I'm really enjoying myself here. LttP is the Zelda game I've always liked exploring most, and changing that world slightly and getting me to explore it again is great. The basics are really nice, I like how moving and attacking works (I wasn't sure when looking at videos, but it ends up feeling good), and the dungeons are fun.

soera

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 10:31:32 pm »
This is one of the most depressing threads I have read in a while. I want this game! I may end up having to sell my soul to secure one Friday.

bobster

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 04:22:29 pm »
Man I just saw the whole $150 Zelda Bundle deal today... I was keeping an eye out for something JUST like that and I missed it  :'(
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 07:20:22 pm »
This is one of the most depressing threads I have read in a while. I want this game! I may end up having to sell my soul to secure one Friday.

lol! That's what I'm saying, man!

If I don't get a 3DS and this game for Christmas, I may be saying goodbye to my TurboGrafx-16 and Atari 2600 (yet again).

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 12:08:11 am »
It's not sad...  It's a collective of fans, specifically Legend Of Zelda fans, talking about what they believe is another amazing addition to an epic series.  Plus, apart from Spirit Tracks and Wind Waker, it's a sequel. To A Link Of The Past.

Selling your soul is going overboard, though.  How would you enjoy the game if you don't have a soul?

As for me... Legend Of Zelda: Link Between Worlds is the only game I want on the 3DS.

I...  MUST...  WAIT...  UNTIL...  MORE GOOD GAMES...  THAT I WANT FOR THE 3DS...  ARE COMING.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

soera

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 12:50:10 am »
It's not sad...  It's a collective of fans, specifically Legend Of Zelda fans, talking about what they believe is another amazing addition to an epic series.  Plus, apart from Spirit Tracks and Wind Waker, it's a sequel. To A Link Of The Past.

Heh I think my sarcastic post was lost on ya. Its depressing cause I dont have the game yet myself.