Author Topic: December 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 20026 times)

Re: December 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2013, 02:21:31 pm »
No PS4 like I'd hoped for*, but I did get Beyond: Two Souls for Xmas this year. I played the demo a month or two ago and really liked it, so I'm anxious to dig into the full game!

My friend Sean surprised me by gifting me Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition and the new Rise of the Triad on Steam, too.

* I can't complain too much about the lack of PS4. My Mom got me a new pair of 14-eye Docs, which have been sorely needed!

i told my wife i didnt want a ps4 or xbox1 yet. wanted them to fix any bugs that were in the first release

soera

« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2013, 03:54:54 pm »
My Mom got me a new pair of 14-eye Docs, which have been sorely needed!

Ahhh a fellow Doc wearer. I have had 2 things that I have worn religiously since the 90s. Jncos and Doc Martens. At one time I had almost 20 pairs of Docs (worked at a shoe store for almost 2 years from 93-95 and got myself a lot). I have 3 pairs I still own now. Been wanting some of the blood red Docs for as long as I can remember but I never find them in my weird size.

spac316

« Reply #152 on: December 25, 2013, 04:59:07 pm »
Here's some games I received on Christmas...
The Last of Us and GTA V for PS3, Zelda The Wind Waker HD for Wii U, Zelda A Link Between Worlds for 3DS, Body Harvest for N64, Shinobi, Choplifter and Wonder Boy III for Sega Master System.

« Reply #153 on: December 25, 2013, 05:50:10 pm »
Ahhh a fellow Doc wearer. I have had 2 things that I have worn religiously since the 90s. Jncos and Doc Martens. At one time I had almost 20 pairs of Docs (worked at a shoe store for almost 2 years from 93-95 and got myself a lot). I have 3 pairs I still own now. Been wanting some of the blood red Docs for as long as I can remember but I never find them in my weird size.

Yep, same here. I started with surplus store combat boots when I was 13 or 14, moved to Gripfasts, then Docs, and haven't looked back since. I wouldn't mind maybe a pair of Fluevogs too, but the ol' Docs are trusty as ever - the pair being replaced have been in constant use for 7 years!

I know a couple people with the Oxblood ones, but all women, oddly enough. Gotta love a cute girl in a skirt and Docs :)

blipcs76

« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2013, 11:12:58 am »
I'm also a Doc guy.  Been wearing them since the 90's because they look great and last forever.  I've only owned four pair over that period -- 2 pairs of boots, 1 oxfords and 1 sandals.  I think my sandals are almost ten years old now, but the stitching is finally starting to come undone.

soera

« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2013, 11:53:22 am »
Right now I have 2 pairs of steel toed boots (black and brown) and a pair of the black/white wing tips. I miss my blue boots the most as well as a weird green colored pair of shoes that had a cushioned edge around the top. Otherwise I cant really wear the shoes cause the leather top is hard and cuts into the back of my leg.

Now that this thread has me thinking about the ox blood, I may start looking for a pair again.

And yes, absolutely hot to see a cute girl in a skirt and docs. :)

« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2013, 12:31:43 pm »
I'm also a Doc guy.  Been wearing them since the 90's because they look great and last forever.  I've only owned four pair over that period -- 2 pairs of boots, 1 oxfords and 1 sandals.  I think my sandals are almost ten years old now, but the stitching is finally starting to come undone.

im a CAT man

karyann

« Reply #157 on: December 26, 2013, 03:33:19 pm »
I just got Touch Detective for $1 and oh my god that means I'm now sitting at 299 games. Only ONE more and I'll have achieved my goal of 300 by 2014! I have to lurk around a few stores on the 28th  :o

« Reply #158 on: December 26, 2013, 05:53:26 pm »
I got a couple of games for Christmas

- Assassin's Creed 4 / PS4
- Call of Duty Ghosts / PS4
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Also got a $50 Nintendo E'shop card so I'll be hitting the E'shop later ;D

« Reply #159 on: December 26, 2013, 06:11:35 pm »
Okay, I tried to add pictures, but I give up. I got a number of games, I guess I'll try to do them in a specific order. It was a total of 25 games, with 1 being a game I already owned, but a loose copy, and 4 being games that I had owned at one point in my life, as well as 20 that I have never owned.

The majority of the games were from my trip to the USA to see my family. That seems to be where all of the good deals are. A small note, all of these trips to the stores involved me, my twin brother, and my uncle.

The first thrift store we went to, I got 3 games ($2 each):
1. Splinter Cell: Conviction (XBox)
2. NHL 2005 (PlayStation 2)
3. NFL Blitz 20-02 (Nintendo GameCube)

At the next thrift store we went to, our uncle bought us Spider-Man 2 for the PS2. Funnily enough, he also bought us that game years ago, but we gave it away when our PS2 broke.

After that, we went to a flea market, and from one guy we got:
1. Super Pinball (SNES) $5
2. Battle Arena Toshinden Remix (SAT) $5
3. Robotica (SAT) $5

We went to another merchant, and got a few more games:
1. 007: The World Is Not Enough (PS1) $5, we used to have this when we were younger
2. Goofy's Fun House (PS1) $7, another game we had when we were younger
3. Hydlide (NES) $15, I already owned this, but it was CIB and almost mint condition

The next day, we got some more games at another flea market.
1. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PS1) $5, we used to have this when we were younger
2. NHL FaceOff (PS1) our uncle paid for this one. Interestingly enough, this was the first game that his wife (our aunt) ever bought for him

When we got home to their house, their alcoholic neighbour came over, and brought some games for us:
Mia Hamm Soccer (N64)
WCW Mayhem (N64)
Turok 2 (N64)
These were the only non CIB games that we got, but I would have felt bad if I declined the games. Of course, he got drunk, fell a few times and broke some things, so my aunt and uncle angrily kicked him out.

The next day, we went to Blockbuster, and got some more games:
1. Anarchy Reigns (PS3) $14
2. Max Payne 3 (PS3) $14

These were just before Christmas day.

On the actual Christmas, my parents bought me:
1. The Last Of Us (PS3)
2. FIFA 14 (PS4)

My brother bought me Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS

My grandpa also got us LittleBigPlanet 2 for the PS3.

On Boxing Day, I went to Giant Tiger, which may seem weird to some, but I got some good deals:
1. Otomedius Excellent (XBox 360) $6
2. Blades Of Time (XBox 360) $6
3. The Shoot (PS3) $6
4. Zone Of The Enders HD Collection (PS3, Limited Edition) $20
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:14:34 pm by Oheao »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #160 on: December 26, 2013, 07:43:08 pm »
I got Starfox 64 3D from my Uncle and Rocksmith (Guitar & Bass Edition) for the PS3from my Sister and her boyfriend

I also got myself Carrier and Incoming on the Sega Dreamcast

...also a 39" 1080p 120Hz Vizio LED Smrt TV for the game room
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 07:44:43 pm by redblaze57 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2013, 12:24:10 am »
I am now the proud owner of a brand-new, black 3DS XL! So excited!

What's awesome, is that I bought it at Wal-Mart, because I had a measly little $10 Gift Card that I put towards it. Lucky for me, they had an unadvertised promotion that anyone that bought a 3DS XL today, got a free $50 Wal-Mart Gift Card! SCORE!

The games I got with it:

-The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (the biggest reason I wanted a 3DS)
-New Super Mario Bros. 2
-Resident Evil: Revelations
-Super Mario 3D Land

And I plan on using the $50 gift card to order Scribblenauts Unlimited on Wal-Mart's website.

I am one happy gamer!

foxhack

« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2013, 12:37:27 am »
My recent gaming purchases:

GOG:
Privateer 2: The Darkening
Wing Commander: Armada
Wing Commander: Academy
Wing Commander: Prophecy Gold Edition
($5ish)

Steam:
The King of Fighters XIII - Steam Edition ($7 after getting it from a friendly Russian trader)
Eldritch
Unholy Heights (gifted for Xmas)
Savant - Ascent

Amazon:
Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Gold Edition (Steam key) for $1.74

I got no physical Xmas presents. :P
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:43:41 am by foxhack »

karyann

« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2013, 06:05:11 pm »
I am now the proud owner of a brand-new, black 3DS XL! So excited!

What's awesome, is that I bought it at Wal-Mart, because I had a measly little $10 Gift Card that I put towards it. Lucky for me, they had an unadvertised promotion that anyone that bought a 3DS XL today, got a free $50 Wal-Mart Gift Card! SCORE!

One of us! One of us!  ;D So many amazing games to play on the 3DS, I've been playing with mine almost everyday for 6 months straight. Great deal, by the way!

soera

« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2013, 06:07:32 pm »
Hey Id wait on that Scribblenauts. I think there was someone here on the forums selling a copy for pretty cheap.