Author Topic: Guitar Hero/Rock Band Guitar Controllers = Really expensive  (Read 4025 times)

Guitar Hero/Rock Band Guitar Controllers = Really expensive
« on: December 02, 2013, 09:51:19 pm »
So, no one is playing rock band/guitar hero anymore, right? 

Harmonix stopped making DLC for the game in February, and aren't making any new IP for the franchise.

So why the heck are all of the hardware controllers still stupid expensive?  I mean, shouldn't we be swimming in controllers that people are tired of cluttering up their respective living rooms?  On amazon/ebay/craigslist most controllers (I was only looking for X360) are upwards of $50-$60.  Bundles are all EASILY over $100. 

I've had some friends interested in playing again, but some of my guitar controllers are a little worse for wear, but I'm certainly not going to drop big bucks on it.

What's the deal?

scott

Re: Guitar Hero/Rock Band Guitar Controllers = Really expensive
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 10:03:01 pm »
I don't think it helps that GameStops don't take them in for trade either. If you could stroll into one of those places and get one for cheap, demand would prolly be lower.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 07:08:37 am »
Its not that they are selling for a lot of money, its that the people selling them are asking a lot of money. Plus the shipping costs for those items is a lot worse than the average game item. I dont think I have walked into a thrift store in ages without seeing some rock band item in there whether it be a guitar, drum set, or both.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 07:08:24 pm »
Its not that they are selling for a lot of money, its that the people selling them are asking a lot of money. Plus the shipping costs for those items is a lot worse than the average game item. I dont think I have walked into a thrift store in ages without seeing some rock band item in there whether it be a guitar, drum set, or both.

not to mention that those are also very common at garage sales even on a bad weekend I'll run into 1 or 2 sets

sin2beta

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 12:58:36 am »
They got really hard to find (in ways) because no one takes them anymore. I think flea markets and yard sales are the best bet.

I noticed they were getting expensive about a year ago and purchased some of the last Band Hero sets Amazon had in stock. I paid somewhere around $40 when other sellers were trying to jack up the price. I'd suggest looking at online retailers that might have some stock of Band Hero left. That did not sell well but was still well stocked.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

blipcs76

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 09:57:17 am »

not to mention that those are also very common at garage sales even on a bad weekend I'll run into 1 or 2 sets

Very true.  Last year I got two PS2 Guitar Hero guitars at a garage sale for FREE because the sellers were tired of trying to get rid of them.