Author Topic: Current Collection Goals?  (Read 13720 times)

desocietas

Re: Current Collection Goals?
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2014, 12:29:36 pm »
^ Like I suggested: Wii Virtual Console version. It's cheap, you get to play it on a T.V. screen, no load times, and instant saves anywhere at anytime.

The Nintendo DS version is pretty good too. Even if you can't play it on your TV or use save states, it's still another good option.

I just got an old DS and sent it in to be modded.  I was just expecting to be able to capture my gameplay, but an unexpected perk is to be able to play my DS games on my computer monitor!  I'm sure with a little maneuvering, I could easily arrange to have it be playable on my television.  I probably wouldn't play anything too action-oriented off the monitor, but it's great for turn-based RPGs.

Looking forward to playing Chrono Trigger soon.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

bobster

« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2014, 12:30:56 pm »
^ Like I suggested: Wii Virtual Console version. It's cheap, you get to play it on a T.V. screen, no load times, and instant saves anywhere at anytime.

The Nintendo DS version is pretty good too. Even if you can't play it on your TV or use save states, it's still another good option.

I just got an old DS and sent it in to be modded.  I was just expecting to be able to capture my gameplay, but an unexpected perk is to be able to play my DS games on my computer monitor!  I'm sure with a little maneuvering, I could easily arrange to have it be playable on my television.  I probably wouldn't play anything too action-oriented off the monitor, but it's great for turn-based RPGs.

Oh man that's an awesome perk! Definitely sounds like a win to me.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2014, 12:46:34 pm »

Let me know how that (playing DS games on your tv) works, Deso - I've wondered about how that would work-out for a system with 2 screens...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2014, 01:01:02 pm »
Let me know how that (playing DS games on your tv) works, Deso - I've wondered about how that would work-out for a system with 2 screens...

For those of you who are interested, this is a good video showing how the capture software works with the computer monitor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGWR8yjWat4

As you can see, you can either run the two screens as one window or separate out the two windows and resize as you like in order to mimic the gap between the two screens on the actual console.

Since the DS can play GBA games, too, the software has an option for GBA titles (with proper aspect ratio retained).

I'm sure I'd be able to run the capture software on a laptop (I can't test it with my current laptop since it's a Mac) and connect it to my TV to act as a second monitor :)

The guy who modded my DS also does 3DSes, too, but that was outside of my budget.  But he did a great job, and the software is simple and works great: http://3dscapture.com/  <- please be aware that this site is *not* related to http://www.3dsvideocapture.com/ (which is run overseas from me, is way more expensive for some reason, and has gotten iffy reviews occasionally)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2018, 03:21:15 pm »
BUMPED THREAD BY OLDGAMERZ 11/12/2018 (edit) forgot about the collection achievements thread

found this thread before creating another one

I currently have not been playing too many video games, As of today I am happy with my current status of my collection, I need to play the games that I already have in which is a lot of video games in my opinion. I more often listen to music rather than watch tv or play video games. I own many compilations so I do have way more video games in my collection then I can list on this site, since I learned you should not add any arcade games if you don't actually have the physical arcade machine, other wise it is considered a waste of data in the database.

edit

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:26:01 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2018, 03:47:29 pm »
Gotta catch em' all

kypherion

« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2018, 06:57:25 pm »
Own most of the Castlevania games, I already have the DS ones and Aria of Sorrow, but I need the ps2 ones, judgement etc.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

Flashback2012

« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2018, 07:22:41 pm »

« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2018, 08:21:36 pm »
Own most of the Castlevania games, I already have the DS ones and Aria of Sorrow, but I need the ps2 ones, judgement etc.
I’ve been on a big Castlevania kick lately and I need to get those DS ones myself

« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2018, 12:54:06 am »
Geez, this thread had been buried a long time! The last time I replied to it was in 2014 so I guess I'll list my current collecting goals since a lot has changed in that 4-years. These are my current collecting goals in order of their priority and importance to me right now.

1. Rebuild my retro game collection: primarily I want to build up my NES, SNES, Genesis, and Gamecube collections since those all took the biggest hit during last year's infamous selloff. I don't plan on rebuying everything I once had, but I'd like roughly about half of it back. There are also a few titles that I didn't have on those platforms that I'd like to have. Also, there are a few titles for other retro platforms that I've like to obtain again as well.

2. Work on completing my other collections: There are many consoles I'm still actively collecting for, some I only have a handful of games left that I want on them, some there are many I'd still like to own, but I will continue to look for the games I'm after. Depending on how bad I want specific titles I may result to ebay or paying similar prices at game stores, but for the most part most of the titles I'm after I'll be patient about and pick them up when I come across them for a good enough price.

3. Obtain boxes and manuals for my loose cartridge games: This is something that will mostly be a passive goal, for now, but I am actively trying to complete the loose cartridge games I have, eventually hoping to get boxes and hopefully manuals for all of them. Definitely the N64 is the system I would prioritize the most for this, but also Genesis and SNES; regarding NES I'm still on the fence as to whether I want to go through the trouble of completing them, but we'll see. This goal might go up the list in the near future, but for now it's a relatively passive goal.

4. Build my import collection: Luckily I have many of the import games I really want, but there are still a decent amount I'm after. I've stuck to getting imports mostly as gifts or on the super rare occasions I run into them in the wild, but I imagine I'll still use these methods for obtaining them for the foreseeable future. There are some pretty high dollar imports I'm after, but these will likely be the last imports I obtain; I wouldn't be be surprised if it takes me a decade or longer to bite the bullet on a few that go for over a hundred bucks.

5. Get back into NTSC-US Saturn collecting: This has been something I've entertained for a very long time after deciding years ago to only collect import Saturn games given how much cheaper they are and also how many more titles there are for the Japanese Saturn. However, this doesn't help me with the JRPGs and various other titles that are incredibly hard to play if you aren't fairly good at Japanese. The reason this goal is at the very bottom is that I have no intention of starting my US Saturn collection up anytime soon, and unless I come across a bunch of choice Saturn games for a killer price this goal will likely remain on the backburner at least for several years.

« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2018, 09:49:49 am »
Yowza, necrobump of a topic from before my time.

1. Finish the NA N64 set (7 games left)
2. Get into PAL/JP PS2 collecting
3. Close out my wishlist

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2018, 03:47:10 pm »
I'm focusing on 16-bit shoot-em ups, right now:

Arrow Flash, Gaiares, Whip Rush, and U.N. Squadron are at the top of my list, right now.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 03:48:44 pm by burningdoom »

shfan

« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2018, 05:43:23 pm »
I’ve been on a big Castlevania kick lately and I need to get those DS ones myself

So worth it! They're gorgeous little gems.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2018, 05:50:50 pm »
My main goals are complete my n64 collection 3 games left and complete my gamecube collection about 30 games left.this is what im focused on the most right now.

kashell

« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2018, 11:53:58 am »
My goals are kind of passive; kind of "I'll get around to them when I feel like or if the situation arises."

1. Finish my Panzer Dragoon Saturn collection. I have Zweii and Saga. I'd like to get the first one at some point.

2. Finish my Azure Dreams collection. I have the PlayStation game and Tao's Adventure for the DS. I'd like to get the Game Boy Color version.

3. Obtain things like books, figures, prints, etc. relating to Mega Man X and Valkyrie Profile. These are two series that I really enjoy. It'd be fun to have more things for them.