Author Topic: Full Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer - The Sinister Six! And X-Men Movie News  (Read 1395 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Here's the trailer that was released today, for everyone:

Looks good. I'm excited. Some costumes were definitely different. I see a lot of story there, regardless. Lots of clues in that trailer of things to come if you know the comics.

On related news: Apparently Fox is already planning the next X-Men before the upcoming one has even released. And the news is that Apocalypse is going to be the villain.

It's about time that an X-Men movie centers around a different villain than Magneto. And I've always liked the Apocalypse stories in the comics. They're always huge, and epic in nature.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 01:06:04 am by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Full Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer - The Sinister Six! And X-Men Movie News
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 10:01:35 pm »
You'll have to break it down for us folks who don't know much about comics. I saw Rhino and Electro.  Are there 4 more villains?  The Vulture? Mysterio? I did see Doctor Octopus's arms in the back of one scene.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 10:44:33 pm »
You'll have to break it down for us folks who don't know much about comics. I saw Rhino and Electro.  Are there 4 more villains?  The Vulture? Mysterio? I did see Doctor Octopus's arms in the back of one scene.

There was definitely a Green Goblin shot, and I think I saw Beetle.

Seeing Green Goblin, Gwen, and Captain Stacy all in the trailer alluded to a couple big moments in the comics, as well, that could possibly go down.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:48:55 pm by burningdoom »

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 09:12:39 pm »
On related news: Apparently Fox is already planning the next X-Men before the upcoming one has even released. And the news is that Apocalypse is going to be the villain.

It's about time that an X-Men movie centers around a different villain than Magneto. And I've always liked the Apocalypse stories in the comics. They're always huge, and epic in nature.
When they spoiled what the next X-Men movie would become...  To anyone with some knowledge of the comic books and/or TV series, doesn't it basically give off what the ending of X-Men: Days Of Future Past will be?

Back to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer: on most parts, Spidey looks so CG.  Although...  I am pretty excited to see how Jamie Foxx as Electro will be.  Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy is pretty nice, too.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 10:22:00 pm »

When they spoiled what the next X-Men movie would become...  To anyone with some knowledge of the comic books and/or TV series, doesn't it basically give off what the ending of X-Men: Days Of Future Past will be?

No. When the Days of Future Past storyline happened in the comics (Uncanny X-Men #141-142), Apocalypse hadn't even been introduced yet. That would come years later (in X-Factor vol. 1 #6). The two are completely unrelated.

sin2beta

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 11:22:27 pm »

No. When the Days of Future Past storyline happened in the comics (Uncanny X-Men #141-142), Apocalypse hadn't even been introduced yet. That would come years later (in X-Factor vol. 1 #6). The two are completely unrelated.

They're not completely unrelated. Days of Future Past is the X-Men version of Terminator set in a post apocalyptic future. While Apocalypse is closely tied with the Cable arc which is the X-Men version of Terminator set/referencing a post apocalyptic (quite literally) future.  :P

All kidding aside Days of Future Past is very much a one-shot. It's alluded to a lot in the X - Universe. But as BurningDoom states, the two stories are unrelated. The X-Men Universe has enough alternate timelines to make a Sonic the Hedgehog fan tremble in fear.

I love the stuff though. I'm the Proud owner of 4 long boxes of X-Books.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

sin2beta

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 11:26:10 pm »
Actually, in the animated series' versions of Days of Future Past and Apocalypse are tied together, correct? Perhaps the movie is doing the same.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 11:30:14 pm by sin2beta »

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 03:42:16 am »
I guess I should have mentioned the short-lived Wolverine And The X-Men TV series.  Basically ended how I believe X-Men: Days Of Future Past will.  There will definitely be differences but somewhat similar.

sin2beta

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 07:39:14 pm »
I guess I should have mentioned the short-lived Wolverine And The X-Men TV series.  Basically ended how I believe X-Men: Days Of Future Past will.  There will definitely be differences but somewhat similar.

I still haven't watched that. I keep meaning to. It gets plus points for having Steve Bloom voice Wolverine. However, it loses points for the way Kitty Pryde is drawn. I wish they used more of a Byrne esque art style. Or really anyone from the Claremont era pre Jim Lee.

I love the art style of the original animated series pilot "Pryde of the X-Men". It's what the X-Men Konami arcade cabinet is based off of. They made it in preparation of the show being picked up as I remember. This is already bonus points. And for some reason Wolverine is Australian, this also gets bonus points as I find it hilarious. It loses points for not having the Fox kids X-men theme. That song rocked.

foxhack

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 12:35:31 am »
Still doesn't hold a candle to the Japanese version.

sin2beta

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 11:04:25 am »
The Japanese version looks great. But I actually prefer the Pryde of the X-Men art style simply because it looks like a classic X-men comic come alive. Just a preference though.

The Japanese version certainly has better animation.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 01:42:42 pm »
Oooh...  A Venom movie is in the works.  Sounds awesome!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 03:17:07 pm »
Oooh...  A Venom movie is in the works.  Sounds awesome!

As long as they don't use Topher Grace again. Eddie Brock is supposed to be basically a mentally unbalanced body-builder (who happens to used to be a reporter).

They also announced a Sinister Six (without Spider-Man) movie.