Author Topic: InterAct Memory Card Plus (for Saturn) question  (Read 2949 times)

urbanchaos

InterAct Memory Card Plus (for Saturn) question
« on: December 17, 2013, 12:03:40 pm »
Howdy folks!

I just received a gift from an InterAct Memory Card Plus for Sega Saturn from a dear friend of mine. I was wondering if it allowed me to play imports? (aka Japanese Saturn Games)

Here's a picture of the cartridge I received: http://i39.tinypic.com/2cok9ch.jpg

Thanks for the help and Happy Holidays! :D

Re: InterAct Memory Card Plus (for Saturn) question
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 01:34:15 pm »
I don't believe the interact memory card allows you to play imports, also be careful with that card I have the exact same one and it worked alright but I've heard some bad stories about them... Mainly that they don't work, just make sure the cart and Saturn cartridge slot are clean

urbanchaos

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 03:57:45 pm »
Both were clean, but thanks for the warning!

And also, thanks for the reply to my question!

scott

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 10:05:29 pm »
If you're looking to play imports, you want to look for one of these: http://vgcollect.com/item/25340

You'll want to go with the Action Replay over the GameShark, because the GameShark doesn't fit well in the memory slot. You almost have to force the GameShark into place and then yank hard on it to remove it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 12:54:40 pm »
I second the Action Reply 4M Plus, it's a must have for imports.  There are lots of bad Saturn cards, this one is a gem.

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 04:35:28 pm »
The InterAct card will eventually damage the cart slot. I guess the PCB is thicker than it should be for the Saturn.