Author Topic: Dogecoin mining... or what I do with my computer when I'm not gaming.  (Read 603 times)

I'm not sure if anyone else here is familiar with this, but there's a new Cryptocurrency in town and its based off the popular Doge internet meme. Similar to Bitcoin, you can mine the coins with a GPU and then spend them online for goods and services. I honestly have no idea if this is going to take off but honestly I don't care. There is just something about this damn thing that's fun and addictive. I've been mining for a few days and have racked up around 11k coins and I just want more. They really aren't worth much, but that doesn't seem to stop anyone. People on reddit have been trading these Dogecoins for beer, pizza, coffee, and even videogames!!!

As I'm reading what I just wrote, it kinda sounds like I'm trying to endorse or promote these, I swear I'm not trying to do that. I just wanted to share with you guys something that I've found fun to do over the last few days.

But anyway. I just wanted to see what you all though about cryptocurrencies and see if you guys participate in any of them. Also if you have any interest in getting started with Dogecoin I'd be happy to share what I know and send you some links and stuff.

pacpix

Re: Dogecoin mining... or what I do with my computer when I'm not gaming.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 11:35:48 pm »
I am pretty sure that Insektmute would be interested.  I heard that he loves Doge more than anything else in the world.

I don't know if I really want to participate, but you can PM/post those links if you want.  I have been kind of curious about what the heck all of this cryptocurrency stuff is about.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)