Author Topic: What's your point of view on non-gaming items added here?  (Read 739 times)

What's your point of view on non-gaming items added here?
« on: December 31, 2013, 04:33:51 pm »
Was thinking about this and like a lot of us, I collect for vintage computer systems and as such, I've acquired a lot of non-gaming software. It got me wondering about adding it here, although I already have with some of the my Tandy Color Computer software. I also have some C64 and Atari 8-bit software that is more application and utility and not gaming so what do others do?

Do you add your non gaming items to your vgcollect database even though its a "video game" database or do you keep those items separate from your collection here? Its obvious some do because there are some non-gaming items in this database.

Re: What's your point of view on non-gaming items added here?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 07:32:31 pm »
For me, it's games only. No hardware, posters, action figures, or any other weird stuff.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 07:44:04 pm »
Personally, I don't even add consoles or controllers to my collection. I only have games listed here.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 07:45:25 pm »
I have a second account here myself with just my 200 favorite games listed. I don't use it to post, just a separate one for games. This account is for everything under the sun

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 10:28:14 pm »
Was thinking about this and like a lot of us, I collect for vintage computer systems and as such, I've acquired a lot of non-gaming software. It got me wondering about adding it here, although I already have with some of the my Tandy Color Computer software. I also have some C64 and Atari 8-bit software that is more application and utility and not gaming so what do others do?

Do you add your non gaming items to your vgcollect database even though its a "video game" database or do you keep those items separate from your collection here? Its obvious some do because there are some non-gaming items in this database.
... people are not even supposed to list non-game items here, so uh, please don't. The only exceptions we've made so far are the edutainment items for home consoles like the Sega CD Compton's Encyclopedia (not computer systems) and films for CD-I / PSP / GBA. And possibly those weird Japanese FMV Gravure games where you stare at a girl wearing little clothing.

... I dunno if anyone's added one of those yet.