Author Topic: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 23455 times)

Re: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2014, 12:14:00 am »
What I found yesterday, paid only $10 total for everything :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2014, 12:34:35 am »
^ That is awesome! I paid nearly $40 for Bucky 'O Hare alone. (And the game is soooo hard!)

90snostalga

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2014, 02:52:21 am »
Bikingjaughy you find a lot of great stuff very fast!  Where the heck do you live lol? ;)

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2014, 10:26:45 am »
Bikingjaughy you find a lot of great stuff very fast!  Where the heck do you live lol? ;)

I live in Denver. We have a ton of game and thrift stores in the area, as well as places like Entertainmart and Go Hastings. We also have a decent flea market, but it's only good during the Spring and Summer months. I have been hunting for over 3-years and know of some really nice spots that few resellers or collectors know about. None of the games from my most recent post came from one of my untapped resources, but the pic where I found Earthbound and Breath of Fire II all came from a place barely, if any collectors know about. The games in the most recent pic came from a combination of a game store whose prices are all over the place, and a thrift store that is pretty well known around here. It also helps that I hunt almost every day. The Thrill of the hunt keeps me coming back :p

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2014, 03:32:32 pm »
Got some Commodore 64 games in  the mail today - two from Collectors Cards and Games and the other three from an Atariage user:

Omega Race
Clowns
Jupiter Lander
Kickman
Radar Rat Race

soera

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2014, 04:30:40 pm »
The Thrill of the hunt keeps me coming back :p

This is my least favorite part.

desocietas

« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2014, 05:26:13 pm »

Sometimes it's great, and sometimes it's like "Come on. I have money.  Just give me the game."
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2014, 06:25:23 pm »

I used to like the hunt but resellers have all but completely ruined it for me. Having a full time job and other family responsibilities precludes me from going to thrift stores and pawn shops 2 or 3 times a day like some of these chuckleheads.

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2014, 07:55:35 pm »

I used to like the hunt but resellers have all but completely ruined it for me. Having a full time job and other family responsibilities precludes me from going to thrift stores and pawn shops 2 or 3 times a day like some of these chuckleheads.

There are a lot of resellers around here too, but while their motivation is simply getting a quick buck, mine is the love of games, which I like to think gives me the upper hand. There are a fair amount of places in my area that have been ruined by resellers that were once awesome places to snag games, but losing those places forces you to become a little more creative when hunting games. I personally don't have kids or a family to worry about so I hunt quite often, giving resellers and collectors a run for their money when I'm out hunting :p. The whole thing is very exciting, and I love it.

spac316

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2014, 08:18:51 pm »
Just bought Tuff E Nuff for SNES, Virtua Racing Deluxe for 32X and Mega Man 3 for NES!

I also bought a Sega Nomad! Sadly it didn't come with the Battery Pack so I have to use an AC adapter for the time being. Oh well, it works at least.

pacpix

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2014, 09:24:58 pm »
Got some Commodore 64 games in  the mail today - two from Collectors Cards and Games and the other three from an Atariage user:

Omega Race
Clowns
Jupiter Lander
Kickman
Radar Rat Race
Hmm, my 7800 still has not come in the mail.  I'll email him tonight and see if he shipped it.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

htimreimer

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2014, 11:05:44 pm »
i got my vic 20 and its better then i expected,all 5 games are CIB, both the vic 20 and the cassette drive are CIB and i got 2 bonus items but not all was perfect, it had the styrofoam problem and i have to ask, why are these people so damn happy about using a program called home budget planner

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2014, 11:40:04 pm »
i got my vic 20 and its better then i expected,all 5 games are CIB, both the vic 20 and the cassette drive are CIB and i got 2 bonus items but not all was perfect, it had the styrofoam problem and i have to ask, why are these people so damn happy about using a program called home budget planner

they obviously just robbed a bank.
look at all our stolen dirty money MUHAHAHAHA

90snostalga

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2014, 12:36:55 am »

There are a lot of resellers around here too, but while their motivation is simply getting a quick buck, mine is the love of games, which I like to think gives me the upper hand. There are a fair amount of places in my area that have been ruined by resellers that were once awesome places to snag games, but losing those places forces you to become a little more creative when hunting games. I personally don't have kids or a family to worry about so I hunt quite often, giving resellers and collectors a run for their money when I'm out hunting :p. The whole thing is very exciting, and I love it.

I love the hunting part as well sometimes.  Sometimes, I dont even want to go because i know they've all been hammered by resellers.  Like when I found my 5 dollar virtual boy complete in box last month, I loved it then lol.  But overall, there is not much being creative where I live.  All we have is about 5 good wills and 2 thrift stores and I hit all of them early as possible at least 6 times a week on a good week and on a bad week, about twice.  I do have a good will literally 2 minutes away that I hit sometimes 4 times a day.  The other problem is due to resellers, most of my good wills will over price games to the extreme!  Sometimes I have seen mario/duck hunt for 20 bucks.  its crazy lol.

But if you are having all this luck, more power to you   :D  Keep it going and keep posting the good finds  :)  There cool to see and read about

« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2014, 01:15:15 am »

I love the hunting part as well sometimes.  Sometimes, I dont even want to go because i know they've all been hammered by resellers.  Like when I found my 5 dollar virtual boy complete in box last month, I loved it then lol.  But overall, there is not much being creative where I live.  All we have is about 5 good wills and 2 thrift stores and I hit all of them early as possible at least 6 times a week on a good week and on a bad week, about twice.  I do have a good will literally 2 minutes away that I hit sometimes 4 times a day.  The other problem is due to resellers, most of my good wills will over price games to the extreme!  Sometimes I have seen mario/duck hunt for 20 bucks.  its crazy lol.

But if you are having all this luck, more power to you   :D  Keep it going and keep posting the good finds  :)  There cool to see and read about

It is unfortunate that resellers and some collectors can ruin collecting as a whole, especially if there are limited spots to hunt. Where I live is a big enough area where everyone gets a slice of the collecting pie, seeing how there are way to many places to look for games all at once. However, as I said there are specific places that are almost pointless to go because one or several resellers are there constantly combing over the games. Luckily there are other places to hunt though. Having to compete with resellers, and some collectors, depending of the collector, can be tiresome and frustrating, but it is that moment where you walk into one of "their" thrift stores or pawn shops and grab the deals that they feel entitled to that make it sort of fun. There is a guy in his 60s who is almost always at this one place I go hunting, and he specifically goes after the games that come in. One day I happened to be there right at the right time when they were about to place about 10 PS1 games on the shelf, most of them valuable and/or sought after. I grabbed almost all of them, and as I was checking out I saw the guy glaring at me from across the store. One of the finer moments in reseller revenge, but definitely shows that it is still possible with a little luck and good timing.

BTW, excellent score on the Virtual Boy. I know a place that is trying to sell a complete one for $150, so you did very well there!

Lol I am going hunting tomorrow (no work, yay!) so hopefully there will be some finds posted then. I am also working on cleaning my game room so I can post pics of it in the game room thread.