Author Topic: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 23450 times)

foxhack

Re: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2014, 06:15:39 pm »
Some actual physical finds!

Bust a Move '99
Strikers 1945

Both PS1, both complete, both $2 each.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2014, 07:47:19 pm »
You actually spent money on a Game.Com game?!  :o

I've actually purchased quite a few of them.

Have any of them actually been fun? Or even playable? The blur factor on that thing is so bad that it makes the original Game Boy brick look like an HD screen.
Resident Evil 2 on the Game.com is reason to own the system alone and i am not joking in any way. it is amazing. So is an excellent version of centipede, but mostly resident evil 2.

I have played that. It was my first on the "to play" list when I got a hold of my buddies. And it has the same problem many of the Game.Com games have. The motion-blur on it is so bad that it makes the game practically unplayable. Still, it is impressive in it's own way being that the Game.Com can actually run the game at all.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2014, 07:49:00 pm »
Some actual physical finds!

Bust a Move '99
Strikers 1945

Both PS1, both complete, both $2 each.

Jealous on the Strikers find, I want that one for sure.

I saw Bust-a-Move '99 at Goodwill the other day for only $3.99 complete. Is it a sought-after game? I'm really not into Bubble Bobble series at all, so I had no clue if it is. I can pick it up for someone here if they want (and it's still there). Just pay me the $4 and shipping.

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2014, 03:45:10 pm »
You actually spent money on a Game.Com game?!  :o

I've actually purchased quite a few of them.

Have any of them actually been fun? Or even playable? The blur factor on that thing is so bad that it makes the original Game Boy brick look like an HD screen.
Resident Evil 2 on the Game.com is reason to own the system alone and i am not joking in any way. it is amazing. So is an excellent version of centipede, but mostly resident evil 2.

I have played that. It was my first on the "to play" list when I got a hold of my buddies. And it has the same problem many of the Game.Com games have. The motion-blur on it is so bad that it makes the game practically unplayable. Still, it is impressive in it's own way being that the Game.Com can actually run the game at all.
OTHERversion of the game.com plays Resident Evil with little blur and that may be why you are having blur issues. Not saying it's completely absent but the picture is more crisp and smooth.

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2014, 03:58:59 pm »
^Aso arcade converstions are pretty good on both. I typed this before by Vgc cut off my reply for some reason.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2014, 04:40:54 pm »
And what is "OTHERversion"?

The only game I actually played on the Game.Com that didn't have a ton of blur was this one puzzle game where you'd press a square, and other squares would disappear. The point was to get rid of all the squares on the screen. But I never quite grasped the patterns on it.

foxhack

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2014, 06:37:50 pm »
And what is "OTHERversion"?

The only game I actually played on the Game.Com that didn't have a ton of blur was this one puzzle game where you'd press a square, and other squares would disappear. The point was to get rid of all the squares on the screen. But I never quite grasped the patterns on it.
He means the system, the Game com Pocket Pro.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2014, 07:00:07 pm »
Oh, I see. A remodel edition.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2014, 07:50:19 pm »
It's not really a find for me as much as it is for The Boy. I don't even put them in my collection. We found what I think are the only two Skylanders he didn't have (Not counting the brand new Swap Force characters that are on eBay, but I can't find in stores) and we got them for $6.88 together. He's pumped.

Wham-Shell and Sunburn

soera

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2014, 08:36:17 pm »
Thats a good price to get Wham shell. He was a pain in the ass to find. Sunburn comes with an adventure pack.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2014, 10:29:40 pm »
Thats a good price to get Wham shell. He was a pain in the ass to find. Sunburn comes with an adventure pack.

The Boy didn't get into Skylanders until last spring or so. We missed out on all the Spyro's Adventure guys. I've had to try to find the used. I say he has all the Skylanders, I mean he has at least 1 of each character. It could be series 1, 2, or 3. Or it could be like Chop Chop and Trigger Happy and we have to get all 3.

soera

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2014, 10:35:00 pm »
Yeah I dont mess around with every form of the characters unless it just happened to be something that came in a triple pack or whatever.

Are there any characters you are looking for? For some reason, Wal-mart and Toys R us here stock all 3 games of characters still.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2014, 10:39:05 pm »
Yeah I dont mess around with every form of the characters unless it just happened to be something that came in a triple pack or whatever.

Are there any characters you are looking for? For some reason, Wal-mart and Toys R us here stock all 3 games of characters still.
I told my son we would get Stink Bomb when it comes out Tuesday. Damn them for having the first one with the sneak ability come out after Christmas. Other than that, we've got a year to pick up one every other week or so. I'm sure something will be hard to find, but we'll just deal with that.

soera

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2014, 11:00:41 pm »
Yeah Im not pursuing all the Swap force the way we did Spyros/Giants. We have 4 of the actual swap characters and 7 of the new plain characters (including Pop thorn and the adventure set he has).

Btw, in case you get free, this Saturday is Skylander day at Gamestop. Here are the promotions : First 25 people get a free poster, spend $20 on Swap force stuff and get one of the Giant sidekicks for free, $20 off the starter pack (including the dark one), 50% off swap force accessories.

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2014, 11:27:27 pm »
Had this turn up the other day -

Yay!

Even better, I got Fire Embem Awakening free (download version) thanks to a Japanese Club Nintendo promotion that started yesterday :D