Author Topic: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 24400 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2014, 01:28:08 am »
Got these two guys:

This very comfortable looking controller for the N64 that I'm helping will help me overcome the barrier that is the N64 controller for me:

A much needed Wii Classic Pro Controller:

And a subscription to the brand-new (U.S.) Retro Gaming Magazine:

I think I just missed out on the first issue, however.

90snostalga

« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2014, 06:31:40 am »
Got these two guys:

Oh wow I haven't heard of Retro magazine.  I'm interested.  Is it good?  How do you subscribe and how much?

90snostalga

« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2014, 06:34:39 am »
Might as well add mine.  I went out with my brother looking for some Wii stuff and realized that a lot of the good games at gamestop for the Wii, are the same price as new retail stores.  So we went to Best Buy instead and they had Super smash bros. brawl for 30 bucks, while gamestop had it for 28 used so might as well get it new.  At the same time, best buy happened to have a sale going on so I got the wii classic controller pro for 15 dollars (wanted the black controller but all they had was white), and the mario wii mote for 30 instead of 40, so I took up the sale offers.

P.S.  I'm looking forward to it because even tho' people say it's a classic, I do own super smash bros. on the 64 and I have not played any smash bros. for any console at all so this will be a mystery.  I'm thinking of pulling it out on the 64 first.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2014, 10:28:34 am »
P.S.  I'm looking forward to it because even tho' people say it's a classic, I do own super smash bros. on the 64 and I have not played any smash bros. for any console at all so this will be a mystery.  I'm thinking of pulling it out on the 64 first.

For what it's worth, I think the SSB Melee is the best one.  That's the one on GameCube.  I don't really know why, I just think I enjoy it the most.  Don't get me wrong.  They are all great and a lot of fun, but I just like Melee the best.

soera

« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2014, 10:38:30 am »
SSB is an interesting concept but I really couldnt get into the absurdly random fight style the game had.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2014, 10:43:41 am »
SSB is an interesting concept but I really couldnt get into the absurdly random fight style the game had.

Way back when, I played a lot of SFII.  I wasn't great, but respectable.  Then about the time Killer Instinct came out, shit got way too complicated with fighting games.  If you didn't memorize combos and movelists, you couldn't have fun with the game.  SSB was a simple, but fun fighter.  It's different for sure, but in a good way.

soera

« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2014, 10:50:30 am »
Heh funny you mentioned KI. I was a nut for KI when it was released. This was during my MK obsession days and this was one game that could pull me off. I think the memorization of everything was part of what I enjoyed. I never really got into SF or Tekken cause it always seemed like everything was mostly based on luck instead of knowledge of what was actually going on. It still feels like that when playing a MvC game now.

« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2014, 05:59:56 pm »

all for $25

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2014, 06:28:33 pm »
earlier in the week I got John Woo Presents: Stranglehold for the PS3 I've also downloaded on PSN inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood. and I got a Saturn 3D Controller. The other day I went out and got what I feel a lot of you would consider a PS3 Essential RPG by the name of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.

« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2014, 06:51:46 pm »
i got a DS touch screen to fix my daughters DS

« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2014, 06:54:08 pm »

all for $25

Otomedius is one of a hand full of games that will result in me buying another 360 soon. Lol, 90% of the other games are 360 exclusive SHMUPS as well :p

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2014, 06:55:56 pm »
Got these two guys:

Oh wow I haven't heard of Retro magazine.  I'm interested.  Is it good?  How do you subscribe and how much?

I don't know, it hasn't arrived yet. And since I just missed out on the first issue, and it comes out every 2 months, it might be a while before I can report on it.

I just got it because it's a cheap alternative to the awesome, but so expensive U.K. Retro Magazine.

It was $33 for a print and digital subscription together, or half that price for the digital subscription only. I got the print one.

Here's a link to the website (where you can subscribe):

http://readretro.com/

And here's a link to the Kickstarter Campaign for it that's accomplished and over, but it gives a more detailed description; the main-site is still in development:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/socalmike/retro-the-multi-format-throw-back-video-game-magaz

« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2014, 08:20:38 pm »

all for $25

Otomedius is one of a hand full of games that will result in me buying another 360 soon. Lol, 90% of the other games are 360 exclusive SHMUPS as well :p

I have high hopes for this one. not a game i expected to see in this hick town

foxhack

« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2014, 08:54:52 pm »
Bought Syndicate (the PC reboot) for $2.50 from Amazon Digital, and I found Alias for PC for $1. It's beat up but still sealed. I'm also surprised to see a game from 2004 come in two DVDs...

spac316

« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2014, 09:21:36 pm »
I bought 3D World Runner for NES, Gauntlet Legends for Dreamcast and Spellcaster for Master System!