Author Topic: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 24378 times)

pacpix

Re: January 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2014, 11:15:55 pm »
I got my Atari 7800 from Collectors Cards and Games today.  I really like the system so far, but the controllers suck.  Luckily I have two genesis controllers that work good on the system.  I played Co-Op Centipede and Wizard of Wor all evening with my four year old sister ha.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2014, 01:24:40 am »
I bought 3D World Runner for NES, Gauntlet Legends for Dreamcast and Spellcaster for Master System!

I LOVE WORLD RUNNER ! It's not a good game. It's not even fun, but I love it. This is one where the nostalgia takes the driver seat. I had this one as a kid and played the shit out of it. I love the catchy little ditty during the first stage. That game is so weird, it's awesome. 

« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2014, 08:41:03 am »
Got these two guys:

i started to play this last night.
seems good so far.

soera

« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2014, 10:37:34 am »
Amalur is awesome. The only complaint I had about the game is that you get to a point where you have nothing else to do eventually. I wanted it to go on forever. :)

« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2014, 10:52:38 am »
Amalur is awesome. The only complaint I had about the game is that you get to a point where you have nothing else to do eventually. I wanted it to go on forever. :)

so far my only complaint is the camera can be a little temperamental. but so far so good (not far into this yet)

jcalder8

« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2014, 11:02:21 am »
I got my Atari 7800 from Collectors Cards and Games today.  I really like the system so far, but the controllers suck.  Luckily I have two genesis controllers that work good on the system.  I played Co-Op Centipede and Wizard of Wor all evening with my four year old sister ha.
I got my order from Collectors Cards and Games yesterday too! I picked up Dive Alert Becky and Matt for the Neo Geo Pocket Color. I love this little handheld :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2014, 12:02:45 pm »

So then huge, but not as huge as say Oblivion or Skyrim? Because I never ran out of things to do in those games. I mean, I eventually completed the main quest, expansion quest, and all the guild-questlines. But there are still sooooo many random quests and random guild bounties and stuff in those games that you can always go back and find something else to do.

soera

« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2014, 12:19:38 pm »
Exactly. But the game is so much more awesome (at least in my opinion). Once I started, I never wanted to stop. Its one of those games for me that was constantly on my mind when I wasnt playing.

« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2014, 12:26:51 pm »
Exactly. But the game is so much more awesome (at least in my opinion). Once I started, I never wanted to stop. Its one of those games for me that was constantly on my mind when I wasnt playing.
i love it when that happens. dragons dogma was like that for me. when i was at work i was listening to a guy play it on youtube. (did not listen to anything i had not done yet)

soera

« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2014, 12:29:39 pm »
Funny you mention that game ... thats one that has been on my radar for a while.  I really want to check that one out.

« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2014, 12:38:29 pm »
Funny you mention that game ... thats one that has been on my radar for a while.  I really want to check that one out.
Its worth it. It did have some issues thou. I think they released a second one that was a fixed version with DLC, get that one.
The original had really poor fast travel and the draw rate sucked at times.
However.. The combat was amazing.
The story was nothing special thou. I think I put in about 100 hours.

soera

« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2014, 12:40:47 pm »
Ill look for the updated one. Been really hoping to get a new PS3 game anyhow. :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2014, 12:58:48 pm »
I didn't like Dragon's Dogma. There was so much damn dialogue to trogg through. And then once you did, it seemed the gameplay was a bit too linear for an RPG. Action-RPGs are like my all-time favorite genre, too, I just couldn't get into it.

spac316

« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2014, 07:39:58 pm »
I bought 3D World Runner for NES, Gauntlet Legends for Dreamcast and Spellcaster for Master System!

I LOVE WORLD RUNNER ! It's not a good game. It's not even fun, but I love it. This is one where the nostalgia takes the driver seat. I had this one as a kid and played the shit out of it. I love the catchy little ditty during the first stage. That game is so weird, it's awesome.
Yeah, this would be the first time I played it. It's not bad. Wonder if they could re-release it(I believe Square made this) for 3DS with the 3D feature. Anyway, I got it boxed with sleeve but no book for $10.

karyann

« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2014, 08:49:54 pm »
I got Digital Devil Saga 2 and SMT: Soul Hackers recently, which makes me really happy :D  Along with an expansion pak for the N64. Now I only need to find a cheap copy of Majora's Mask and I can finally try it. I do have the Gamecube collector's edition, but since it crashes often, I'd rather go for the original game.

I'm also going to buy Super Princess Peach tomorrow from a kijiji ad, I can't wait. Guy sells it for $20, so it's worth the 3-days-wait in between each of his e-mail answers  :-\ I've been e-mailing him back and forth for over a week now, just trying to set a meeting.