Author Topic: Introducing VGCollect version 3!  (Read 17795 times)

matt

Re: Introducing VGCollect version 3!
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2014, 01:28:47 pm »
Just a thought, maybe change the color of the boxes for Pro members, change the username color, or the title? Might be cool to see on the forum who is a Pro user and then new members will also ask about it.

I was thinking the same thing. I'll look into that more tonight.

soera

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2014, 01:39:25 pm »
Couple of goofy questions that I probably am just missing the answer to.

#1 : Will there be some sort of reminder thing set in place to renew Pro, whether it be the monthly service or the yearly service?

#2 : Where is the "about" page? I looked at my profile and what not but can not find where the actual badges are.

I like the thought of the Pro members being more "outstanding" so that people will question it.

matt

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2014, 02:14:56 pm »
Couple of goofy questions that I probably am just missing the answer to.

#1 : Will there be some sort of reminder thing set in place to renew Pro, whether it be the monthly service or the yearly service?

#2 : Where is the "about" page? I looked at my profile and what not but can not find where the actual badges are.

I like the thought of the Pro members being more "outstanding" so that people will question it.

Yes. It's not in place yet but I figure I have 30 days to get it setup.

Click on your avatar from your Collection pages or just goto http://vgcollect.com/about/soera

90snostalga

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2014, 02:35:29 pm »
so, I want to make sure I am understanding fully.  Is the VGColllect Pro just for users to sign up and donate money to the site?  Or is the site becoming a pay site with a yearly subscription.

I'll try to upload screen shots for you with the site problems on the collections page

foxhack

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2014, 02:39:33 pm »
It looks like that for me too.

Do we staffers get a free pro upgrade? And maybe a salary? :P

Wait how'd you get in here!? I thought you broke your modem with all the punches.

I punched OpenDNS and forced them to update their DNS cache. Boom.

so, I want to make sure I am understanding fully.  Is the VGColllect Pro just for users to sign up and donate money to the site?  Or is the site becoming a pay site with a yearly subscription.

I'll try to upload screen shots for you with the site problems on the collections page

Sounds to me it's just for people who don't want to see ads. So, it's optional.

90snostalga

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2014, 02:40:07 pm »
here is how vgcollect.com/pro looks on my browser.  i let it sit here for 5 minutes and this is what it shows.  i'll get the others to you

90snostalga

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2014, 02:43:25 pm »
here is the login page on vgcollect.  it literally does not change after this and when i try to log in on this page, it takes forever to actually log in.  i did not take any time before

90snostalga

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2014, 02:47:25 pm »
when it does log in to the collections page, this is what it first shows.  it does not look like it should i image but yes, im zoomed out all the way and everything.  Does any one else use mozilla have this issue?    when you search for games and view collections its so cluttered and hard to read.

matt

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2014, 02:52:41 pm »

Yep just a donation. I will never-ever-ever charge for anything on the site. This is just a way to offer support.

As for your screens - it looks like you have a mix of old and new content in your cache. Clearing your cache "should" fix it. You can also try holding in left-shift while reloading the page. This should force FF to pull the content from the server instead of cache.

90snostalga

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2014, 02:59:02 pm »
I think it worked!  Is this how it should look?  :)

soera

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2014, 03:02:32 pm »
That looks correct to me.

90snostalga

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2014, 03:03:45 pm »

Just the clearing of the cache  will do the trick  :D

90snostalga

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2014, 03:08:50 pm »

As for your screens - it looks like you have a mix of old and new content in your cache. Clearing your cache "should" fix it. You can also try holding in left-shift while reloading the page. This should force FF to pull the content from the server instead of cache.

Now Matt, I can officially say I love the new layout  :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2014, 04:03:35 pm »

Just the clearing of the cache  will do the trick  :D

How do you clear a cache?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

matt

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2014, 04:25:08 pm »
What browser?

I just restored all of the Front Box art. Back Box art is next.