Author Topic: Fable Anniversary  (Read 1155 times)

90snostalga

Fable Anniversary
« on: January 23, 2014, 03:37:17 pm »
When Fable first came out to the Xbox back in the early 2000s, I was a teenager and played it very little but do not remember it too much.  I have never played it sense or anything of it.  Would you guys recommend me getting the original Fable on Xbox to start, or just go straight for the Fable Anniversary on the 360?

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Fable Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 04:46:00 pm »
I like the Fable series.  Some folks do, some don't. 
I'd say go ahead and get the new one.  The original is fun, but not very memorable.  I honestly don'r remember much about it other than I liked it.
I think it was one of those that over-promised.  If no one had talked it up, it would have been a great game; but since it had so much hype, people were a little let down.  I think the second one is my favorite of the series. 

Now I'm rambling.  Go get the new one.  Let me know if you like it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 04:56:29 pm »
It's a large, open-world action-RPG. But at the same time, it feels like an RPG for people new to the genre. Combat, level-ups, and stat-management are all very simple. It also has this cartoony look that most people either love or hate.

90snostalga

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 08:27:54 pm »
I think I'll just go with the Annivsary Edition.  I've always heard its one of the best xbox franchises out there so i want to try it.

I'll be posting after i play if i like it or not

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 09:00:21 pm »
I followed the game back when it was called Project Infinity(?) by Peter Molyneux.  Fable was promised to be the most open-ended RPG where your choices truly had impact.  Sadly, when the first game was released, a lot of the features that I was expecting that Lionhead promised were said to be cut and/or revamped.

I was disappointed with the series until Fable III came out.  When I saw my brother play and explore the game, I was thinking that Fable III was the game that was promised.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

Veilor

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 07:36:09 am »
I'll be getting it aswell, I've played the original, Fable 2 & Fable 3 A LOT.  I'd recommend you to not play the original..because why? Anniversary is the same game but HD. But for collecting purpose I'd also get the first one aswell :P

scott

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 12:33:36 pm »
I'd go for the Lost Chapters version of the 1st one, if you wanted to stay with the original release on Xbox, since it has a little extra content.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 01:40:57 pm »
I followed the game back when it was called Project Infinity(?) by Peter Molyneux.  Fable was promised to be the most open-ended RPG where your choices truly had impact.  Sadly, when the first game was released, a lot of the features that I was expecting that Lionhead promised were said to be cut and/or revamped.

I was disappointed with the series until Fable III came out.  When I saw my brother play and explore the game, I was thinking that Fable III was the game that was promised.

I remember reading about that too, and being HUGELY disappointed when it came out. So I just went back to Morrowind, which at the time was by far the best open-ended RPG.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 05:56:26 pm »
Xbox-wise, maybe.  Love or hate, Deus Ex: Invisible War is also another open-ended RPG worth playing.  Although, as a collector, I would opt for the PC version since the system spans from the original to Human Revolution: Director's Cut.

To get back on subject...  After Fable III, it's as if Lionhead hit the top peak and then downfall all over again as Fable Legends seems to be an MMO dungeon-crawler.

Please check out the games I have for sale.