Author Topic: Browsing by System suggestion...  (Read 1542 times)

Browsing by System suggestion...
« on: January 25, 2014, 12:59:03 am »
I did a quick scan through the topics and didn't seem to see this but...

I think it would be very helpful if when browsing games by system, instead of only having the option to display 25 listings per page if there could be an option to display for example, 25, 50, 75, 100, or 200 listings per page instead of having to click through 75 pages.  I ask this as being a newer member who just added 540 entries to my collection, I'm sure new members and current adding a big group of games might like this.

Other than that, I really like the recent updates!

retromangia

PRO Supporter

Re: Browsing by System suggestion...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 04:08:28 am »
I also second that idea... it would save time by just being able to scroll down every game entry under one system, instead of clicking page 2, page 3, page 4, etc.  :)

thanks,
-Retromangia

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 07:37:37 am »
Thanks for the input.  Welcome to the site!  If you want, hit up the introduction thread and tell us a little about yourself. 
I like the idea too.  When things get caught up around here we need to campaign for this one. 

bobster

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 12:13:53 am »
To add to this suggestion, Maybe put in a way to go to any page? with the links at the top you'll see something like 1,2,3...17,18,19. To get to anything in the middle, the only way I noticed to get to a specific page in the middle is to edit the URL. Maybe I'm doing it wrong though.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 12:21:32 am »
I thought there -were- links to specific pages before the overhaul. Huh.

bobster

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 12:40:18 am »
I thought there -were- links to specific pages before the overhaul. Huh.

Here's what I meant. This is what I see currently.

See how there's 1-5 then 29? Maybe put in a spot I can input a page. So if I think I want page 17, I can just put that in lol.

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 01:00:48 am »
Just started here, I really like that idea too.

I came here after Gamespot screwed up their website completely. Can't add to my collection anymore. :(

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 07:53:06 am »
I also vote for an alphabetical choice (click on "A", "B", "C", etc...instead of trying to guess - out of 100+ pages - where the "M"'s are:)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

90snostalga

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 12:06:05 pm »
My vote also goes to all of the above with the exception of Turf's Taco Bell eating video.  Gross  :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 02:14:46 pm »
If the search system didn't have to be so freaking precise when searching for something, we wouldn't even have to worry about it. Just saying.

matt

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 04:07:52 pm »
If the search system didn't have to be so freaking precise when searching for something, we wouldn't even have to worry about it. Just saying.

Fair and valid point!

bobster

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 04:13:08 pm »

Fair and valid point!
!!!

He answered! Hi Matt :D

matt

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 01:27:32 pm »

Fair and valid point!
!!!

He answered! Hi Matt :D

haha yeah yeah yeah. I've been busy but things have settled down (a small bit) and I'm working on a few updates. :)