Author Topic: LEGO games  (Read 1695 times)

90snostalga

LEGO games
« on: January 28, 2014, 02:33:21 pm »
I know they are kiddie but with all these different LEGO games, are they any good and fun to play?

Veilor

Re: LEGO games
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:54:50 pm »
I love the LEGO games, trying to play and 100% all of them om my Xbox 360. Missing a bunch of them atm because they're crazy popular and hard to find here. Last one I played was LEGO Lord of the Rings and it was fun.

karyann

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 03:54:55 pm »
They're really silly games, and fun to play, especially if the game's a franchise you like. They're great whenever you want to play something simple but fun, alone or with someone else.

bobster

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 04:21:50 pm »
They're all really fun. I had the most fun with the Lego Batman games. They were excellent. Lord of the rings one was good, but didn't have quite the punch of the Batman games.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

sin2beta

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 06:16:20 pm »
They're good games. They're not amazing. But they are surprisingly good. I would second getting a franchise you really like. I made the mistake of picking up Star Wars Complete Saga as my first. I'm not a BIG Star Wars fan. The originals are good. Prequels are awful. I've only seen the prequels once. This makes me miss a lot of the charm in the first half of the game. It's still fun. But I feel like I'm missing the campy fun everyone loves about it.

Pick something you would like. Don't rush out and buy all of them. At least at the beginning.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

tpugmire

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 07:10:29 pm »
I own damn near all of them and have completed most at 100%. They are a lot of fun, but not for everyone. I'd suggest Star Wars: The Complete Saga, or the first Indiana Jones to start off with. Both are fairly straightforward and will give you a good sense of what the others are like. The more recent games seem to have changed up the formula a bit.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 11:48:46 pm »
Played one you've played them all. I remember getting the first star wars lego game (2005) on PC funny enough. It was okay... Obviously a kids game but still some fun to be had. Just a few months ago I tried out the Lego Batman/DC game (2013). I was shocked to find out it was almost the same game I had played 7 plus prior. Same UI, combat, puzzles, enemy types. I guess they're going with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" idea. To me the only reason they sell is the franchises they are connected with. Most of the standalone LEGO only games were flops. 
My favorite Lego game as to be Lego Island (1997). The game has a lot of character without any other franchises involved. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:10:28 pm by badATchaos »

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 12:34:24 am »
I liked the LEGO video games until Traveller's Tales decided on having talking characters.  Games still look great, but, in my opinion, I just loved the silent slapstick of the previous games.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

karyann

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 01:46:58 pm »
To me the only reason they sell is the franchises the are connected with. Most of the standalone LEGO only games were flops. 

Now that you mention it, it really DOES seem like the games sell because of the associated franchise, not the LEGO name itself directly. Do the "LEGO only" games have the same gameplay? If not, that might be an explanation too. I honestly haven't played any LEGO game that wasn't with a movie franchise.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 09:02:50 pm »
90snostalga i love the lego games.
im a 32 year old male and i play these with my daughter and by myself.
once you beat a level you can replay the level using any character that you have unlocked giving more life to the games

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 09:04:42 pm »
They're all really fun. I had the most fun with the Lego Batman games. They were excellent. Lord of the rings one was good, but didn't have quite the punch of the Batman games.
i was a little disapointed with the LOTR game. batman and starwars and indiana jones were fun

90snostalga

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 03:47:19 am »
once you beat a level you can replay the level using any character that you have unlocked giving more life to the games

Thanks for the input.  I'm not a fan of lord of the rings but I am of Star Wars so I think I may have to try some Star Wars lego games  :)

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 07:08:07 am »

Thanks for the input.  I'm not a fan of lord of the rings but I am of Star Wars so I think I may have to try some Star Wars lego games  :)

Start with the saga or batman 1.
batman 2 was good but the format was a little different. it was more sandbox.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 09:38:51 am »
Another good thing about the Leo games is they are dirt cheap.

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 01:27:45 pm »
Just watched a friend play through Lego Marvel Super Heroes and, as bad and cheesy as the dialogue can be, it's super cute and looked really fun to play, especially with all the unlockable characters hidden in the game.  It's definitely made for kids, but it offers a lot of fun fanservice.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas