Author Topic: Demos now have their own categories  (Read 3643 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Demos now have their own categories
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 12:14:03 pm »
We have a boat load of demos in the database already. The main reason for doing this is to help clean up the main catagories, there's nothing worse than sifting through a ton of demos while browsing game list.

Makes sense.

I almost never download or play/try any demo's (I pretty much know enough about what I'll like & what will be worth buying for myself); that I'm not the "right guy" to make any judgement on us having/not having demo's  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

matt

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 12:33:40 pm »
I used to obsessively collect all of the PS2 demos.

We'll be making a few more changes later tonight to help clear things up a bit. I'll post an update then.

bobster

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 12:48:15 pm »
I used to obsessively collect all of the PS2 demos.

We'll be making a few more changes later tonight to help clear things up a bit. I'll post an update then.
!!! Yay more changes!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

foxhack

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 02:24:49 pm »
We have a boat load of demos in the database already. The main reason for doing this is to help clean up the main catagories, there's nothing worse than sifting through a ton of demos while browsing game list.

Makes sense.

I almost never download or play/try any demo's (I pretty much know enough about what I'll like & what will be worth buying for myself); that I'm not the "right guy" to make any judgement on us having/not having demo's  ;D
I could say the same thing about those... gick... lee... things you collect. :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 03:28:06 pm »

Makes sense.

I could say the same thing about those... gick... lee... things you collect. :P

Indeed you could  ;D

(Then...you could also read what the Style Guide has to say about the "S.W.A.G." category)  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 10:15:48 pm »
I love that you have separated these. Hopefully this could lead to being able to show how many retail released games owned :D

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 07:50:36 pm »
Added:

TurboGrafx-CD Demo
Intellivision Demo
Atari Jaguar CD Demo
You should ad N64 becauese there was like some ocarina of time demos, sure there's others out there.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

htimreimer

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2014, 02:07:58 pm »
can you add SNES demo

soera

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 08:04:35 pm »
Also looking for SMS demo. Already have 3 games in the database.

foxhack

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 09:47:43 pm »
Also looking for SMS demo. Already have 3 games in the database.
I know you added some Not For Resale carts, but I'm still wondering if they're exactly the same as retail carts or not... I mean, a demo implies an unfinished preview version or one that ends at a certain point. If the games are the same as retail... then they're not really demos. Just NFR carts. >_>

soera

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 09:49:39 pm »
They are kiosk demos.http://www.smstributes.co.uk/view_page.asp?articleid=36#demos is a good description of them. :)