Author Topic: Poll: How do you pronounce NES  (Read 8088 times)

Re: Poll: How do you pronounce NES
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2014, 12:11:02 pm »
I hate, HATE it when people say NES or SNES as a word! I don't know, I know it is stupid, but it grates on my nerves for some reason. I don't mind when people say the individual letters, I do it all the time, but THEY ARE NOT WORDS!!! LOL
Pisses me off too.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

spac316

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2014, 03:24:31 am »
N.E.S. for me.

anruiukimi

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2014, 05:52:08 pm »
N.E.S. for me.

N.E.S. as letters, not as "ness." Also "regular Nintendo," or Nintendo by itself. The Super Nintendo was always the Super Nintendo.

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2014, 08:55:04 pm »
as a word. that goes for the SNES as well.

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2014, 04:24:58 pm »
I pronounce it as N.E.S. and S.N.E.S. as well. When the Super Nintendo came out, I called the NES the "regular Nintendo" or the "original Nintendo". It also bothers me when I hear people pronounce them as words.

It seems like every video I've seen on YouTube has people pronouncing them as words, which is weird because almost everyone that's posted in this thread prefers to pronounce the letters.

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2014, 02:30:57 pm »
i usually call it a nintendo, sometimes i say N-E-S but its a more of a mouthful i think. never say it like a word.

im from michigan.

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2014, 07:47:57 pm »
N.E.S and S.N.E.S  Mainly because that's the way I learned them. Just like I say NASA as one word because that is the way I learned it. Texas.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Warmsignal

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2014, 03:40:21 pm »
Yeah for me it was always regular Nintendo, as opposed to the Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Nintendo that followed. But now that there's so many Nintendos, N E S seems to best describe it.

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2014, 04:01:50 pm »
I always called it the "Ness" or just "Nintendo".  I'm not exactly stuck on that though as I can sometimes call it by the letters.  I never really called the SNES the "Sness" though, usually was just Super Nintendo.  I'm from Alaska.