Author Topic: Diablo III's Collector's Edition is Killer  (Read 5022 times)

jcalder8

Re: Diablo III's Collector's Edition is Killer
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 12:00:18 pm »
I have fond memories of playing through the first one but I couldn't get the second to hold my interest in the same way. I will try the third at some point but it's not a must have for me.

jobocan

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 01:11:57 pm »
Strange how I never mentioned in this topic that I played the beta.... though it's also strange that Blizzard never emailed me to say I was part of it, I just found out that I was in by randomly logging into my account.

Anyways... the game is fun and well made as expected, but you really shouldn't go in expecting "Diablo 2 but better". It's really quite different from Diablo 2, what with the complete lack of stat customizing and even skill customizing is very rudimentary (choose a skill, assign a rune which you get by leveling up). No way to level individual skills up, you just assign 1 rune per skill. It seems to me that what will differentiate your character from other peoples' is solely from the loot you pick up (your skill set-up also counts for something, there's a large variety, but eventually people will find "top tier" stuff and you can change your setup whenever you want anyways). The combat is great though, and I'm interested in seeing where the story goes.

The beta didn't give a whole lot to experiment with, what with it making the max level 13... But enough to see where the game is going. The gameplay and combat is really fun and each class does something unique though there's definitely an emphasis on AOE attacks.

I'm still picking up the game, but with very different expectations from before.

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2012, 02:56:55 pm »
Just spent all weekend playing the Beta, I really enjoyed it.  All classes to level 13, beat Act 1 with all of them, maxed Blacksmithing and got all the beta achievements.  I'm very excited for this to come out next month. 

scott

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2012, 03:34:06 pm »
I wish I could a played the beta.

Also I plan on unboxing the Collector's Edition and posting it up here.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2012, 10:01:27 pm »

scott

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2012, 10:05:38 pm »
I can't flippin' wait!

soera

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 12:29:56 am »
I cancelled mine a few days ago. :( I really wanted to play with a friend but he backed out. Sigh.

scott

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 12:43:38 am »
I'm pretty sure, I'm the only one of my friends that is getting it. So for multiplayer I'll prolly be looking for folks from here to play with. Though I played through both of the first two games solo, so I don't care either way.

madmax

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 12:53:30 am »
i haven't pre ordered because it's right near my exam time. i really want to participate in a Blizzard release but I have to see my availability. I know some of my friends are getting it.

scott

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 12:55:51 am »
Well if you get it, we should work out a time to co op. I've had my copy pre ordered since last Thanksgiving... there was no way I was gonna miss out on this CE.

scott

madmax

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2012, 04:15:42 pm »
Gosh, I've decided to wait until after exams to play. It's going to be torturous >.<
I'm definately up for some Coop though when I do get it :D

jcalder8

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2012, 02:08:10 am »
I'm not all that impressed with the collector's edition.

scott

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2012, 02:26:43 am »
I love art books, soundtracks and making of DVDs. Plus that skull is cool.

jobocan

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2012, 02:41:45 am »
I'm not all that impressed with the collector's edition.

Yeah, me neither, it's pretty meh. I'm not a fan of collector's editions overall, but it's still pretty disappointing IMO. I mean, no huge Diablo statue? Lame.

Speaking of Diablo 3 coming out in 2-3 days and it being awesome...
Well, I'm currently playing the Torchlight 2 beta... and, to be honest, it kinda kicks Diablo 3's ass, at least as far as what the betas showcased for both games. It really shows what Diablo 3 is lacking, what with having actual stats/skill customizing rather than every character in a class being 100% identical, and the actual fighting is just as good in both games, and Torchlight 2 seems to have more of an emphasis on exploration and side-quests (while Diablo 3 seems to concentrates more on providing a great story and atmosphere... at least from what I've seen in the beta).

I know I'll love Diablo 3, I did have fun with the beta and I'm getting it on tuesday after (or maybe during) work... but I'm guessing I'll only play through it once or twice. Since there's no reason to, say, create a second demon hunter (since it would play identical to the previous one I made), I don't see this as a game with replay value. Torchlight 2, however, gives the chance to experiment with different builds for each class (like Diablo 2 did), and the core gameplay is just as solid as far as I've seen.

</completely random rant>