Author Topic: Refund tax for games  (Read 3139 times)

90snostalga

Refund tax for games
« on: February 03, 2014, 06:59:42 am »
Maybe stupid to most, but I was actually thinking for the first time this year, I could rack up on games or gaming stuff with part of my tax refund.  Any one ever done that before?  What are your thoughts?  Is it stupid to do?

soera

Re: Refund tax for games
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 07:04:51 am »
Money is money whether you get it from a pay check or a tax refund. I always use a bit of the return on gaming. Buster Douglas will be mine this year.

ffxik

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 07:39:14 am »
I guess you could use it for whatever you wanted.

scott

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 08:48:31 am »
I usually use part of my refund for something for me and then use the rest on bills.

This year, I'm not sure if I'm going to do that tho.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 10:02:46 am »
Bills. 2014 is the year of being debt free!

blipcs76

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 11:02:57 am »
I always put my refund directly into my Roth IRA account. 

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 05:26:41 pm »
I guess I'm not showing any restraint. I'm putting my refund towards a PS4

90snostalga

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 06:04:06 pm »

Thanks for the honesty and all the feedback guys.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one and I needed some validation if I put any money toward gaming.  It also sounds better when trying to sell it to my wife, that other gamers buy games with tax refunds so it is normal lol.  If I have no back up to show her, she will say "thats so stupid and no one else buys games with tax refunds"  :)  Thanks guys.  Not sure yet what I want but something.

anruiukimi

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 06:04:55 pm »
Taxes are all filed, refund will go towards bills, with a small amount being put aside for a trip to Japan next February. I've got some friends to go visit, and I've gotta go hit up the new Squeenix Store and see Luida's Bar again~

;) ;)

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 06:09:38 pm »
Gaming? No. It'll go toward home improvements, debt, and RRSP's

90snostalga

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 06:10:46 pm »
Taxes are all filed, refund will go towards bills, with a small amount being put aside for a trip to Japan next February. I've got some friends to go visit, and I've gotta go hit up the new Squeenix Store and see Luida's Bar again~

;) ;)

That's so cool  8)  Enjoy the trip!  Sounds fun!   :)  I think those game stores and stuff are really cool over so if you take any vids or pics try to show us when you get back.

anruiukimi

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 07:07:31 pm »

That's so cool  8)  Enjoy the trip!  Sounds fun!   :)  I think those game stores and stuff are really cool over so if you take any vids or pics try to show us when you get back.

I took a short video the first time I went here:

My camera was dying, unfortunately, that's why it's so short. ^^;

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 07:12:45 pm »

Thanks for the honesty and all the feedback guys.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one and I needed some validation if I put any money toward gaming.  It also sounds better when trying to sell it to my wife, that other gamers buy games with tax refunds so it is normal lol.  If I have no back up to show her, she will say "thats so stupid and no one else buys games with tax refunds"  :)  Thanks guys.  Not sure yet what I want but something.

but then again the only thing reliant on me is my labrador Retriever, so I'm not the best example to go off of.

soera

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 07:14:08 pm »
I really want to visit Luida's bar. I first heard about it 2 years ago and Ive been wishing for it ever since.

foxhack

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 08:21:25 pm »
Tax return time is my best sale period, right after Christmas.

So buy those games. ;D