Author Topic: How is Final Fantasy XI packaged?  (Read 1391 times)

How is Final Fantasy XI packaged?
« on: November 30, 2011, 05:21:26 pm »
I just found a copy at a local thrift store, but I'm unsure how to add it to My Collection. I took this pic off ebay:

I have the game and manual which slide into a slipcover. In the game are 2 disks and the Quick Start Guide. I don't the the PS Underground card. The game says Not For Resale across the front and there is no barcode on it. There is no barcode on the slipcover.

Is this how Final Fantasy XI came? Where was the barcode? Was this part of the HDD bundle? If this is part of the bundle, how did the single release come? For the single release all I can find is the Not For Resale box art with no barcode.

scott

Re: How is Final Fantasy XI packaged?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 05:38:51 pm »
I believe vanilla FFXI only ever released with the PS2 HDD. Since you were required to used the HDD for installs/patches.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 05:45:00 pm »
If there is no barcode that means that it was bundled with the hdd. I dont know if the game came without the hdd.

The HDD bundle came in a big white box. the inserts include a cardboard slip to put the game in (attached to box if I recall), Instructions on how to install the HDD (in a plastic bag), 2 foams to protect the hdd and the hdd with a metallic enclosure bag.

The game than has all of the stuff in the picture.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 06:08:55 pm »
@madmax Thanks for the detailed info!

I guess this brings up another question then: Should we keep both entries in our database? Right now there is Final Fantasy XI using scans of only the game and no slipcover and the other is the HDD bundle entry.

What do you think Style Guide Master @scott?

scott

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 07:20:59 pm »
If there was no "unbundled" version, then there should only be the Bundle in the database. So, since you have this w/o the HDD or box, then you'd have to just note it in the notes. Since it's not a separate release, it's not a separate variation.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 08:23:02 pm »
@scott I agree with this. Thanks for taking care of the back-end work already.