Author Topic: Vs.  (Read 7129 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Vs.
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2014, 10:00:19 am »
Im going to have to go with this :

#5 - Final fantasy VI

Am I the only on that this bothers?  Damn Hipsters.  It's just seems real uppity.  Yeah, it may be correct in Japan; but it says Final Fantasy III on the box and this is America! I will forever call this Final Fantasy III.  If you think I'm wrong Eff Off! ;D

*Disclaimer: I know this seems like it really struck a nerve.  I'm 3/4 kidding.  No one needs to get their panties in a bunch.

scott

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2014, 10:48:34 am »
Am I the only on that this bothers?  Damn Hipsters.  It's just seems real uppity.  Yeah, it may be correct in Japan; but it says Final Fantasy III on the box and this is America! I will forever call this Final Fantasy III.  If you think I'm wrong Eff Off! ;D

*Disclaimer: I know this seems like it really struck a nerve.  I'm 3/4 kidding.  No one needs to get their panties in a bunch.

ahem.

- Final Fantasy III (SNES)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2014, 11:17:57 am »

ahem.

- Final Fantasy III (SNES)

Thank you, sir

soera

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2014, 11:40:54 am »
I call it VI cause it technically is. :)

argyle

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2014, 12:59:42 pm »
1) Castlevania - I love Super Metroid, it's my favorite in the series by far (still haven't played the GBA games but want to).  However, I play through SotN at least every other year and adore it every time.  It's possibly my all-time favorite game. 

2) Zelda, never had a SMS or even knew anyone who had one - my area was 100% NES.  Don't think it would have mattered, I was crazy about the original Zelda as a kid and it still holds a special spot for me. 

3) Shinobi - Ninja Gaiden was just waaaay too hard, and I beat the original Mega Man as a kid.   :P  Used to love playing Shinobi in the arcade and later on the C64 I believe.  The PS2 Shinobi is also an overlooked gem, tho it's insanely hard as well.

4) I don't know that I've ever played either, so I'll abstain. 

5) Chrono Trigger, tho it's a mark of shame that I've never finished either of these games.  I've played through at least 3/4's of Chrono Trigger several times but always trailed off at the end without finishing.  FF3 (6, 127, whatever :P ) I've barely started.  Didn't catch the FF bug until 7. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

scott

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2014, 01:06:12 pm »
1) Castlevania - I love Super Metroid, it's my favorite in the series by far (still haven't played the GBA games but want to).  However, I play through SotN at least every other year and adore it every time.  It's possibly my all-time favorite game.   

If you're a fellow Castlevania fan, I would suggest playing Aria of Sorrow on the GBA, Dawn of Sorrow or Order of Eccelsia on DS. All three of those are excellent.

argyle

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2014, 01:19:37 pm »

If you're a fellow Castlevania fan, I would suggest playing Aria of Sorrow on the GBA, Dawn of Sorrow or Order of Eccelsia on DS. All three of those are excellent.

Thanks, I have the DS Castlevania's in my backlog and have been casually on the lookout for the GBA games.  I'm a huge fan of the series but I'm more of a console gamer in general than handheld.  Prior to my 3DS pickup last year I didn't even have anything that would play standard DS games, so I've been playing catch-up with that massive library. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2014, 10:26:01 pm »
Shinobi  i loved that game

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2014, 10:28:55 pm »
  Didn't catch the FF bug until 7.

like wise
7 is still one of my fave games of all time

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2014, 10:29:48 pm »
Ninja Gaiden, hands down. I've never cared for Shinobi

You should at least give Shinobi on the 3DS a shot. It's pretty good.

i second this.
i got mine from Biglots

theflea

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2014, 04:44:03 am »
Okay sense no started round 6 here I go.

VS.

For me I gotta go with TMNT2, I love battletoads but its just so damn hard. lol
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2014, 06:34:19 am »
TMNT

soera

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2014, 09:16:25 am »
I gotta pick the turtles cause I honestly just dont like the Battletoads game.

scott

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2014, 09:23:49 am »
TMNT 2!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2014, 09:56:19 am »
Turtles 2 without a doubt.  Battletoads is awesome and all, but the difficulty really hurt it.