Author Topic: Editing Database Item - Adding Picture  (Read 2337 times)

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

Editing Database Item - Adding Picture
« on: February 07, 2014, 12:56:34 pm »
From what I have come to understand most edits are approved or denied within 24 hours. (This could be an incorrect assumption on my part)

I uploaded a new picture to an existing item a few nights ago and the picture is still not showing up. The picture might have been denied for some reason, but I was curious if there is a way I can find out if the edit has not been processed or if and why it was denied.

I do realize the picture I submitted is not professional material, but I thought it looked pretty good especially for how small the pictures show up on the site. I'm open to criticism though!
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

Re: Editing Database Item - Adding Picture
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 01:10:33 pm »
Naw, I don't think it's your submission or anything.  They've been away for a few days now

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 01:17:10 pm »
Naw, I don't think it's your submission or anything.  They've been away for a few days now

Thanks!

scott

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 01:43:49 pm »
Ya sorry, I haven't been home at night for the last few days. I'll see if I can get though the edits today.

Sorry for the delay.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 01:48:08 pm »
Ya sorry, I haven't been home at night for the last few days. I'll see if I can get though the edits today.

Sorry for the delay.

No need to apologize. I thought it was something I was doing wrong. Thank you for the work you put in to approving these!

karyann

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 09:15:51 pm »
When it's approved or denied, you'll see the notification icon light up (on your collection page, at the top-right corner, there's a triangle with an "!"; this is the notification icon).

When you click on it (even when it's not lit up), there's a history or approved or denied updates!

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 10:31:42 pm »
When it's approved or denied, you'll see the notification icon light up (on your collection page, at the top-right corner, there's a triangle with an "!"; this is the notification icon).

When you click on it (even when it's not lit up), there's a history or approved or denied updates!

Thanks! I didn't know that.

matt

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 10:45:43 pm »
I've been out most of the week as well. We are taking some action to help speed up the approval process. Normally you wouldn't wait more than 12 hours or so. 24 hours is unacceptable.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 11:09:35 am »
I've been out most of the week as well. We are taking some action to help speed up the approval process. Normally you wouldn't wait more than 12 hours or so. 24 hours is unacceptable.

No worries. I totally understand!

I'll just keep adding pictures as I have time and hopefully get to see the fruits of my labor soon.  ;D

spac316

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 04:24:34 pm »
I edited this game page with an updated pic. I got the notification that it was approved but the old pic still remains, however.

http://vgcollect.com/item/44933

scott

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 08:36:47 pm »
Try a refresh. That's happened to me before and a quick refresh normally fixed it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

spac316

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 03:38:14 am »
Ok, I see it now. Crisis averted.