Author Topic: IC: GameCube Component cables  (Read 3275 times)

IC: GameCube Component cables
« on: February 07, 2014, 05:07:04 pm »
I have a set of GameCube component cables that I can't really decide what to do with. Part of me wants to keep them, but I feel like I probably won't use them, so I'm considering selling/trading them for something I might actually use.

I'd probably be a lot more willing to trade them for something neat. Games, collectibles, etc. If no one on here is interested, I may try to sell them, or I might just keep them. I'm not the type to sell anything from my collection, but I just want them to go to someone to where they might actually get some use.

90snostalga

Re: IC: GameCube Component cables
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 05:37:12 pm »
I have a Gamecube that I dont have any tv cord for lol.  No component/composite, etc.  I could ue them.  Are you only wanting to trade the cord for games only?  Also is it Nintendo brand?

soera

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 08:13:28 pm »
I wouldnt mind the component cables but the cost of them lately is absurd. I already have all 3 GC and a few of the accessories, I may as well get the cables eventually.

90snostalgia, if you are interested in a set of composite cables, I think I have a few more pairs in my garage if you want em.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 09:09:38 pm »
Wow. I had no idea that GCN Component were going that high. I guess I'll still with s-video. lolz. Lots cheaper.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 10:41:30 pm »
For that price I could get a press edition Game Gear with audio video leads.

Neocronic - cool offer that you are looking to trade. If I played my GameCube more I would be willing to offer something, but I don't even have it pulled out of my storage closet.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

anruiukimi

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 11:01:08 pm »
It's crazy how high they've gotten...I bought mine in the last Nintendo Store preorder, and they kept delaying and delaying...I think I waited close to six months past the original date until I got mine.

(I ordered it specifically because I knew Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance was compatible with it.)

I don't even have my GC plugged in right now, but I really think I want to keep mine for the moment. I wish you much luck! I couldn't even find any Japanese copies when I looked around for about the last six months before I left Japan.  :'(

90snostalga

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 11:51:05 pm »
I wouldnt mind the component cables but the cost of them lately is absurd. I already have all 3 GC and a few of the accessories, I may as well get the cables eventually.

90snostalgia, if you are interested in a set of composite cables, I think I have a few more pairs in my garage if you want em.

Wow  :o  I did not realize the component cables were expensive.  I just checked Ebay.  That's crazy.  What is there gold inside of the component cable?  ;)

Yea, I could use a set.  I usually grab those when I come across them thrift shopping but I actually have not came across any gamecube/n64 composite cables in a very long time for some reason..

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 04:10:38 am »
Yeah, they're the official cables released here in the US. I think they were bought at a Babbages back in the day. I actually don't think there are any 3rd party cables that actually work through component.

I'm pretty open to offers of comparable value. I know a lot of people want them, which is driving the price of them up. I know if I get rid of them, I'll probably never get another set.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 11:08:23 am »

Wow  :o  I did not realize the component cables were expensive.  I just checked Ebay.  That's crazy.  What is there gold inside of the component cable?  ;)

I think why their popularity sprung up overnight is because people are finally getting televisions that are higher resolution compared to when they first had the GameCube and now they want the added resolution. I know personally the Wii was the first Nintendo console I had hooked up using Component. I would have done HDMI, but they didn't offer it.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

scott

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 11:14:29 am »

I think why their popularity sprung up overnight is because people are finally getting televisions that are higher resolution compared to when they first had the GameCube and now they want the added resolution. I know personally the Wii was the first Nintendo console I had hooked up using Component. I would have done HDMI, but they didn't offer it.

Ha I did the reverse with my Wii. I bought component cables for it and hooked it all up. Then decided to move it to the Game Room and hook it into the SD TV.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

argyle

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 11:45:41 am »
Wow, thank you for this thread.  I knew they were expensive, but I had no idea they were THAT expensive!  My GC has been hooked up to a SDTV in my game room for a while now, and if I wanted to play any GC games in 480p I'd just put them in my Wii & use its component cables.  My set have been sitting in a bin tucked away in my closet.  I need some extra cash to cover all of the RPG CE's coming out in the next couple of months, and selling these will help a ton.   ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 11:55:09 am »
I think the composite cables are better anyhow cause you can use them on the literally every Nintendo system except the NES and the Wii/WiiU. I have also seen people add that to the NES which is even cooler.