Author Topic: TurboGrafx Games Needed!  (Read 1955 times)

darko

TurboGrafx Games Needed!
« on: February 10, 2014, 11:19:18 am »
I just picked up a TurboGrafx-16. I need some games! I currently have Keith Courage and Bonk's Adventure. Other than that I'm open. I don't want the card only, but don't need the cardboard box (jewel case is a must).

If you have anything please let me know!

Re: TurboGrafx Games Needed!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:23:51 pm »
I got a loose Ninja spirit for trade, but sounds like its not good enough.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 01:02:51 pm »
I hear ya! For some reason If its something I care about being CIB its tg-16, I love this machine!!!! Sorry man I couldn't ever part with the ones I got hell I'm still looking for some.
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 04:45:52 pm »

Is there anything you'd want for trade? That's one of my favorite TG-16 games, and my copy disappeared.

It's too bad you didn't post this a week or so ago. I just sold my complete copy of Splatterhouse.

scott

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 04:50:29 pm »

Is there anything you'd want for trade? That's one of my favorite TG-16 games, and my copy disappeared.

It's too bad you didn't post this a week or so ago. I just sold my complete copy of Splatterhouse.

Maybe he ripped you off and is trying to make you buy it back! :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 05:19:46 pm »
Maybe he ripped you off and is trying to make you buy it back! :)

SSSSSHHHHhhhhhhhhhh!

theflea

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 06:18:48 pm »
grats on getting a T16. games for this system are not easy to find in the wild.
Especially complete (not counting cardboard box) and many of the last games made for it didn't have a jewel style case.
Last year I was lucky and found T16 games three times at garage sales but most where card only and they where traded off fast.

Good luck in your hunt.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

darko

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 01:43:03 am »
Who knew there were so many TG fans out there :)

I can't believe I have never owned one until now. Kind of funny how collecting goes I suppose.

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 04:07:22 pm »

I can't believe I have never owned one until now. Kind of funny how collecting goes I suppose.

I just picked up a Turbo Express off of Ebay for $120. Something I always wanted as a kid, and now I own one. It is so dope playing Air Zonk, Blazing lazers, Bonks Revenge, or any TG16 game for that matter in the palm of your hands.

darko

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 12:09:03 pm »

I just picked up a Turbo Express off of Ebay for $120. Something I always wanted as a kid, and now I own one. It is so dope playing Air Zonk, Blazing lazers, Bonks Revenge, or any TG16 game for that matter in the palm of your hands.

So you would say the Turbo Express is worth it? I've never played on one.

theflea

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 09:30:20 pm »
A turbo express is fun to have if say you want to play them on the go or out game hunting and want to test the games first.

If you do want to buy one theres somethings you should know, a Turbo Express is not cheap and most of them have sound issues as they age. It's a simple fix (just replace a sound transistor from what I understand) But it's an extra cost.

Good luck hunting T16 games, I have 72 games for my T16 and 22 for T16CD and most are not cheap. I had to trade close to $200 worth of extra games I had to get Bonk 3.  :o
I personally like to use my Turbo Duo when playing my T16 games and lately been getting more PC Engine Imports. (T16 in Japan in case someone doesn't know)  :P

"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 01:19:43 am »
Personally a Turbo Express isn't worth spending money on unless you are hardcore TG collecting or have some Nostalgic link to it from the past. A TurboDuo or modded PCEngineDuo/Duo-R/Duo-RX is a much better option. Stay away from the TG-CD units as they are faulty as shit.

Since these games are getting harder to come by with cases a lot of collectors have been modifying regular CD Jewel cases and putting on a end label sticker. The user Sparky over on pcenginefx.com forums used to sell the end label stickers for all Hu's and CD's for a decent price.

Games worth getting right away even loose or loose w/ manual:
HU Cards
Ninja Spirit
Military Madness
Bonks Adventure
Bonks Revenge
Neutopia
Neutopia 2 - Expensive as shit
Devils Crush
Alien Crush
Dungeon Explorer
Air zonk - Expensive as shit