Author Topic: Gym  (Read 4583 times)

Gym
« on: February 11, 2014, 07:27:31 pm »
Anyone here work out? (guess this is an odd question to ask to a bunch of gamer's given the stereotypical gamer) just noticed there was no Gym thread
i have just started going back after 2 months of no gym. I am so sore.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Gym
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 07:32:39 pm »
I have punching bag set up in the garage. Does that count?

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 07:45:26 pm »
I have punching bag set up in the garage. Does that count?

im thinking about doing that. i would have to get the stand thou. my garage would not take the abuse.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 08:13:47 pm »
I have been an off again on again gym rat for the past decade. I currently belong to a fitness club and am working off about 20lbs I gained after not really working out at a gym for around 3-years. I graduated from college, got a career, and just sort of fell out of it for a while. Really happy to be back into it though, I feel a lot better mentally and physically :)

karyann

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 08:18:04 pm »
That's not so weird to ask. I mean, I study computer science, which has pretty much the same stereotypes as the gaming community, and half my class goes to the gym every other day. :P

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 08:21:00 pm »
I have been an off again on again gym rat for the past decade. I currently belong to a fitness club and am working off about 20lbs I gained after not really working out at a gym for around 3-years. I graduated from college, got a career, and just sort of fell out of it for a while. Really happy to be back into it though, I feel a lot better mentally and physically :)

i want to drop the fat and gain 10lb of muscle.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 08:22:22 pm »
That's not so weird to ask. I mean, I study computer science, which has pretty much the same stereotypes as the gaming community, and half my class goes to the gym every other day. :P

i noticed in USA a lot more people go to the gym than UK

karyann

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 08:23:46 pm »

I live in Canada, so I'm off those statistics ;D But that surprises me though.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 08:48:36 pm »

I live in Canada, so I'm off those statistics ;D But that surprises me though.

i think it is to do with the sports. college sports in USA are huge. most of the sports required strength (american football) where in england is more skill sports.

karyann

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 09:34:11 pm »
i think it is to do with the sports. college sports in USA are huge. most of the sports required strength (american football) where in england is more skill sports.

Oh, that makes lots of sense indeed!

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 09:44:13 pm »
The only gym I know of is in Pokemon

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 09:50:51 pm »
The only gym I know of is in Pokemon

ok this made me actually laugh out loud

soera

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 10:19:36 pm »
I used to be a lifter. I needed to do something to quit Everquest so I tried lifting with my gaming buddy. I had gotten up to 175 lbs and able to bench 220. I havent done it in a while though but Ive been wanting to get back into it.

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 10:35:03 pm »
I used to be a lifter. I needed to do something to quit Everquest so I tried lifting with my gaming buddy. I had gotten up to 175 lbs and able to bench 220. I havent done it in a while though but Ive been wanting to get back into it.

when I came to USA I was 140lb 6ft1 (yes I was thin) now im 180lb but I did put on fat too.
Its had to get the protein as Im allergic to whey. Im going to try hemp.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 11:29:06 pm »
I used to go the gym 7 days a week until my daughter was born. I started going back now that she is older because I put on about 10 lbs of fat and lost about 10 lbs of muscle.

I have a son due in May so my gym days are numbered. I am already having a hard time consistently going with one kid. I'm sure I'll fall off the wagon with two.

I normally do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight lifting.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01