burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Gym
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 11:40:42 pm »
What is this "gym" you speak of?

90snostalga

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 04:40:25 am »
That's not so weird to ask. I mean, I study computer science, which has pretty much the same stereotypes as the gaming community, and half my class goes to the gym every other day. :P

i noticed in USA a lot more people go to the gym than UK

That's probably because in America, we are more fatter and probably eat more unhealthy foods  ;) 

90snostalga

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 04:41:19 am »
The only gym I know of is in Pokemon

;D  I laughed very hard on this.

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 06:53:34 am »
I used to go the gym 7 days a week until my daughter was born. I started going back now that she is older because I put on about 10 lbs of fat and lost about 10 lbs of muscle.

I have a son due in May so my gym days are numbered. I am already having a hard time consistently going with one kid. I'm sure I'll fall off the wagon with two.

I normally do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight lifting.

i do 1 hour lifting. in summer i take my daughter swimming for the second hour. at the moment she goes to see her grandpa

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 06:55:15 am »
That's not so weird to ask. I mean, I study computer science, which has pretty much the same stereotypes as the gaming community, and half my class goes to the gym every other day. :P

i noticed in USA a lot more people go to the gym than UK

That's probably because in America, we are more fatter and probably eat more unhealthy foods  ;)

Its the corn syrup crap you put in everything. Sugar is a lot better for you than that.
Its annoying as i really like soda.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 10:34:48 am »

Its the corn syrup crap you put in everything. Sugar is a lot better for you than that.
Its annoying as i really like soda.

That whole process started to save money. Funny enough a few years back it started to be more costly to use corn syrup compared to real sugar. I believe that is why you started seeing PepsiCo experiment with sugar "throwback" drinks.

The problem now is that most companies lines can't go back and forth between corn syrup drinks and sugar drinks easily (lots of line cleaning and flushing) so they have to choose the easiest and most cost effective.

Also it would be hard to switch people over to sugar drinks again now that they are used to the corn syrup flavor. I work for Coca-Cola and there is definitely a taste difference between the two.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

desocietas

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2014, 11:17:02 am »
The only gym I know of is in Pokemon

ok this made me actually laugh out loud

^^^

I go on and off during the year but have tried to get back into it since the year started.  A good friend of mine joined my gym, so there's a little more incentive to go every other day or two.  I don't have a scale, so I don't know how my weight has fluctuated. Usually I have a hard time gaining or losing weight in general, but I definitely notice that, with age and a desk job, my body's not what it used to be.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

matt

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 02:52:15 pm »
I've been back at the gym every other day since the new year. I'm more of a runner but during this crazy cold winter we've had I needed to find something to keep me healthy.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 10:47:57 am »
What is this "gym" you speak of?

made me think of this

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 11:16:11 am »
Congrats folks.  You motivated me to get my fat ass on the treadmill.  2 miles last night.  It sucked, but I did it.  240 lbs was too much.  I got to get down to fighting weight! 215 here I come!

90snostalga

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 12:32:19 pm »
Congrats folks.  You motivated me to get my fat ass on the treadmill.  2 miles last night.  It sucked, but I did it.  240 lbs was too much.  I got to get down to fighting weight! 215 here I come!

Funny you mention that.  At Thanksgiving last year (2013), I weighed my highest ever in life which was 260-265.  Harsh.  I began a workout plan right after thanksgiving and I am now down to literally 215-217!  You can do it Turf!  A secret that worked for me besides the obvious no sweets, water!  I can't stress that enough. Water!  I now drink at least 2 bottles of water on a bad day.  On a good day 5-8 bottles.  I helps tremendously. 

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2014, 12:14:44 am »
Great responses! I would also recommend eating breakfast. I put on about 40lbs after I got married and one of the things that helped me a lot besides drinking water was eating breakfast. I had always skipped breakfast because I wasn't hungry, but I guess it kickstarts your metabolism so you burn more throughout the day even though you are consuming more calories.

90snostalga

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 08:25:11 am »
I put on about 40lbs after I got married

This  ;)

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2014, 10:39:23 am »

This  ;)

This was the strangest thing. I actually ate less when I was married because I was so broke. Yet I gained weight! It was as though my body said, "I got myself a wife - now I can make myself look like complete garbage since I'm not in the market any longer."

karyann

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2014, 10:49:21 am »

This  ;)

This was the strangest thing. I actually ate less when I was married because I was so broke. Yet I gained weight! It was as though my body said, "I got myself a wife - now I can make myself look like complete garbage since I'm not in the market any longer."

My boyfriend gained a few pounds as soon as we started dating, because he was always finishing my plates for me (he's been raised to leave nothing on the plate, and his parents gave me HUGE amounts of food to make sure I ate enough, but I'm a light eater... So he finished my plate all the time). Also, because he stopped going to the gym when we started dating, so that we could spend time together (between school, work, gaming and the gym, he decided that something had to go haha).

So there can be a whole lot of reasons why! He's lost a few pounds since we started eating healthier, too.