Author Topic: My first video-unboxing gaming laptop  (Read 2523 times)

90snostalga

My first video-unboxing gaming laptop
« on: February 24, 2014, 12:11:29 pm »
Finally created a Youtube channel.  I'm still new to this and this was filmed with my wife's stupid SMART phone so I guess that's why the picture is small.  Sorry if that is too hard to see  :( 

I was nervous so don't make fun of me please  ;) Also understand I am usually not that monotone I was very scared.  Should be a lot better on my next videos.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 12:20:13 pm by 90snostalga »

90snostalga

Re: My first video-unboxing gaming laptop
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 12:13:22 pm »
So I found out that you can download or use some kind of virtual operating system for the old versions of windows.  I have a Windows XP install disc and pack so if you know any thing about how to download this virtual system, let me know.   Also if you can recommend a good controller for the older games let me know as well.  Oh, give me some good PC games to play old and new

Thanks and again sorry for the sorry piece of crap video

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 12:32:27 pm »
I can't watch it all right now, but you can Zero Edit anything you want. I'm ready to watch the rest.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 12:46:09 pm »
Not bad, and funny at times.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 10:16:41 pm »
ahhh so you finally pick one out? nice.

90snostalga

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 11:41:21 pm »
ahhh so you finally pick one out? nice.

I finally did lol.  If you watched the video, I apologize.  Do you think it's a good laptop?

Also, do you know anything about downloading or installing a virtual operating system where I can run the pc on a previous version of windows?  I want to do it to play some older games...

90snostalga

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 04:07:48 am »
Yea im prob going to return this laptop.  It's not doing what I want it to do and it seems what I want to do is impossible with Windows 8 64 Bit

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 10:29:05 pm »
The video is not clear dude, yet it seems to be good..

karyann

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 01:56:48 pm »
Yea im prob going to return this laptop.  It's not doing what I want it to do and it seems what I want to do is impossible with Windows 8 64 Bit

I'm pretty late to the party, but hey!

My own experience with Windows 8 is a long series of compatibility problems, even when software was said to be compatible. So I'd guess that for gaming, it's even worse.

Also, a gaming laptop is going to cost you a ton more than a gaming desk computer, any reason why you prefer a laptop? (I'm curious and I like getting others' opinions :) )

90snostalga

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 09:30:56 am »

I'm pretty late to the party, but hey!

My own experience with Windows 8 is a long series of compatibility problems, even when software was said to be compatible. So I'd guess that for gaming, it's even worse.

Also, a gaming laptop is going to cost you a ton more than a gaming desk computer, any reason why you prefer a laptop? (I'm curious and I like getting others' opinions :) )

This post from long ago lol.  I actually ended up keeping this laptop because I ended up going to Disney World that next week and Best Buy would not take the return so I kept it but I've learned to cope.  Reason I prefered a laptop is because of portability.  I wanted to be able to plug it into my tv via the laptop hdmi port which works great :)  and I can play it any where in the house.  Your right tho.  Not cheap.  it was 1300  :(  But well worth it for games after 03.  Anything after 03 seems to work fine with it.  Cant wait to try Watch Dogs! :)

For all my older games 1980-2000.  I went ahead and built me a custom pc a month ago.  Well actually working on my second now to have 2.  I used to work on pcs for a living so I grabbed up all my random parts.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 12:26:50 am »
$1300 for a gaming laptop...  Ouch!

Glad to know that the laptop found some purpose...  Never really enjoyed laptops since I found them clunky on my lap and the touch sensor/pad replacement for the mouse annoys me.  Since you're a PC tech genius, maybe I could ask for your and other VGCollect members' advice on upgrading my PC?

Please check out the games I have for sale.

90snostalga

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 08:21:42 am »
$1300 for a gaming laptop...  Ouch!

Glad to know that the laptop found some purpose...  Never really enjoyed laptops since I found them clunky on my lap and the touch sensor/pad replacement for the mouse annoys me.  Since you're a PC tech genius, maybe I could ask for your and other VGCollect members' advice on upgrading my PC?

Yea it was a lot of money but it was bought with tax money, and it was cheaper than with me building a new custom gaming pc with windows 7 or 8.  If I bought all the individual parts I would want for a custom gaming desktop from newegg.com, my sub total was 1500 so I saved with the laptop with pretty much most of the same specs. 

Per your upgrade, what are the current specs of your pc now?

karyann

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 10:23:13 am »
I see, well at least you got a use out of it! :) I currently own a laptop for convenience purposes (being a computer science student, I like being able to bring my computer to school. I also often visit my or my boyfriend's family, so it's definitely better to have a laptop to travel around), but I can't wait to build myself a desktop computer!

90snostalga

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 10:46:13 am »
I see, well at least you got a use out of it! :) I currently own a laptop for convenience purposes (being a computer science student, I like being able to bring my computer to school. I also often visit my or my boyfriend's family, so it's definitely better to have a laptop to travel around), but I can't wait to build myself a desktop computer!

I love the talk of building pcs.  Are you going to build one for gaming or just regular use?

@MJMaran, I would like to add, I'm far from a genius.  I'm pretty sure Foxhack or someone else is a genius with pcs compared to me.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:49:17 am by 90snostalga »

karyann

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 12:28:06 pm »
I love the talk of building pcs.  Are you going to build one for gaming or just regular use?

More for regular use than anything else. I own a few PC games, mostly on Steam, but I rarely play them at all, and I don't track them. I'm not all that attracted to them, sadly!  So it's going to be a PC for programming and intense web browsing  ;D

I'll have to get up to date in PC parts soon. I don't really care for them until I have to build a PC, so I'm pretty far behind haha  :P Hardware is far from being my favourite part in everything computer-related.