Author Topic: My first video-unboxing gaming laptop  (Read 2496 times)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

Re: My first video-unboxing gaming laptop
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 12:47:08 am »
It's actually not customized by me but if I remember correctly, my refurbished HP Pavilion P7-1240 has 1 TB hard drive, Intel i3 with 3.4 GHz processor, 10 GB memory, and I believe an AMD Radeon HD 7660D Graphics Card running on Windows 7.

Still nice in my opinion since I don't really have a lot of graphics-heavy PC games like the Far Cry Series and my games still play really well on high settings.  Bought the system a couple of years ago and have not regretted the purchase considering all the games and experiments I've done on this awesome machine.

It'll probably be awhile since you'll hear me asking for any advice but thank you for accepting to help when the time comes.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

bobster

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 12:10:56 pm »
It's actually not customized by me but if I remember correctly, my refurbished HP Pavilion P7-1240 has 1 TB hard drive, Intel i3 with 3.4 GHz processor, 10 GB memory, and I believe an AMD Radeon HD 7660D Graphics Card running on Windows 7.

Still nice in my opinion since I don't really have a lot of graphics-heavy PC games like the Far Cry Series and my games still play really well on high settings.  Bought the system a couple of years ago and have not regretted the purchase considering all the games and experiments I've done on this awesome machine.

It'll probably be awhile since you'll hear me asking for any advice but thank you for accepting to help when the time comes.

Looking at the specs for that computer, you're not doing too bad already. You could put up to 32 GB of memory, but that probably wouldn't give you much of a boost. You're going to run into issues getting a new video card though. The motherboard in that computer has a PCI-e 2.0 slot. Video cards now use 3.0. Not sure if you'll be able to get anything much better that's still a PCI-e 2.0 card, though I'm not an AMD guy myself so someone else might be able to comment on that.

Other than that, it's pretty nice. Might want to think about putting in a SSD hard drive if you want it to feel like a new computer. It won't help gaming performance, but I can't speak enough about how a SSD drive can totally revitalize a computer.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 12:00:16 am »
My co-worker friend preaches about the SSDs being great speed boosts...  Thank you for spec appraisal, bobster!  Kind of knew that if I did want to upgrade, it won't just be one component that needs to be replaced.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

bobster

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 09:02:36 am »
My co-worker friend preaches about the SSDs being great speed boosts...  Thank you for spec appraisal, bobster!  Kind of knew that if I did want to upgrade, it won't just be one component that needs to be replaced.
No problem :D. I'm in the same boat myself actually. I'm pretty sure I'm running a motherboard with PCIe 2.0 only :(
Currently Playing: The Witcher