Author Topic: Retropalooza 2014  (Read 5103 times)

thekosmickollector

Re: Retropalooza 2014
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 08:11:01 pm »
Hm... I do live on another continent, but.... maybe I could construct a raft and sail to the USA, and hitchhike the rest.. :P God damn I wish I could be there, but best wishes to everyone who is going, hope it all goes well etc etc etc :D

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 08:37:56 pm »
Really would love to go, but don't have the money to travel.  Another year perhaps as it does seem to be growing.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 11:19:17 pm »
Why are these things always in the midwest? I'll just pout over here. :P

Texas is Midwest?  ??? Go Packers!

I've been surprised at the amount of cool stuff here. I've got various cons going from March to September without leaving the MetroPlex. I'm not going to say I will go to Retropalooza til the time comes. Last year didn't happen. Arlington is SO far on the subway. I have to get on the Trinity rail and that's annoying. Not sure if I want to ride my Motorcycle to a game buying con either. Not a lot of trunk space. But I could always rent a zip car or something....

I'm gonna TRY and make it.

My apologies, Texas is Texas. :P But still, poor deprived Cali girl over here~

What part of Cali?

soera

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2014, 08:53:17 am »
Thought I might bring this thread back from the great beyond.  :P

Retropalooza 2014 is just over a month away. Anyone else going to be there? 

It looks like it'll be bigger than last year, and last year was a blast. If anyone does make the trek, make sure you hit me up. I'd love to meet some of you cats.

Still hoping you are able to drag me along!

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2014, 10:25:07 am »
Throwing a pitty party because this is way to far for me to travel :( .

I am hoping with all my heart that the Classic Gaming Expo in Vegas is a go this summer. You can bet I'll be there!

Sigh . . . I wish I was going to this :(. Between travel expenses, room rates, and generally overpriced games at the convention, I've decided not to go. Both Vegas and Arlington are about 800 miles from me, and flying to either is more then I'm willing to pay right now.  All well :[

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 02:17:05 pm »
I'm going to Retropalooza!

darko

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 02:10:33 pm »
Retropalooza should be a pretty good time this year. A bunch of us are going down. We'll be there on Saturday night (staying at the Sheraton Arlington Hotel). If you feel like partying with us (and likely a bunch of other people at the con) let me know and I'll get you the info as it develops.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 02:23:57 pm »
Retropalooza should be a pretty good time this year. A bunch of us are going down. We'll be there on Saturday night (staying at the Sheraton Arlington Hotel). If you feel like partying with us (and likely a bunch of other people at the con) let me know and I'll get you the info as it develops.

I could be up for that.  Depends on how the day goes though.  Vendor setup starts at 6 in that morning.  I may just want to go to bed.  I'll hit you up on facebook.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 07:53:53 pm »
My body is ready for Retropalooza but my wallet is saying no, Especially with NY Comic-con also coming up a few weeks after it. So unfortunatly I won't be making it this year, maybe next year.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 06:36:27 pm »
Retropalooza is near!  I'm packing the car tonight and leaving after I drop The Boy off at school. I'm super pumped for this weekend. If anyone decides to show up, make sure you find me. I'll be the vendor with the super gold tablecloths.  This is going to be great!

Next week expect this thread to be flooded with pictures and video.

soera

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2014, 09:26:41 am »
I want to go. :(

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2014, 08:51:52 pm »
I want to go. :(

Drag your ass down. You can share a hotel bed with my brother.

Well, I haven't made it to Dallas yet and I've already met my sales goal for the weekend. Problem is, I don't have any games left.  :(

soera

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2014, 08:08:57 am »
I would have needed more of an advance. I work open-close every Saturday and Sunday.  :-\

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2014, 08:12:08 pm »
Good Gravy!  What a weekend!  Retropalooza was awesome. I got a chance to meet and talk to a ton of cool people. Made a little scratch and bought some cool stuff. I'll get a video together and show y'all a lil sumthin' sumthin'

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 09:17:58 am »
I did a recap/pickup video for Retropalooza. http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,4482.msg71795.html#msg71795

It was a blast meeting everyone.  Got to talk to our very own Darko quite a bit.  I can't wait until next year.