Author Topic: Depending on how you look at it....Shaq Fu  (Read 1843 times)

ffxik

Depending on how you look at it....Shaq Fu
« on: March 08, 2014, 05:15:56 am »
Here's the article.  I can honestly say I'm surprised, very surprised actually.   I don't really want to discuss it in the opening post.  Namely I want everybody to just take it in.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/shaq-looks-to-crowdfund-a-rebirth-of-his-shaq-fu-78756346082.html

soera

Re: Depending on how you look at it....Shaq Fu
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 09:36:15 am »
I looked at this yesterday. I dont see it making the goal. Shaq fu sucking is its permanent legacy.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 11:10:54 am »
It's funny they want to try, but it seems kinda pointless.  I know it's one of those games that's had a cult status, but it isn't because it's good at all.  It would be like someone trying to make a new version of the E.T. game lol  It does have over a month left, but seeing that with all the press, it's only up to 60k, is not the best sign.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 11:28:25 am »
I figure it will make it. If for no other reason than if you give $1k Shaq will follow you on twitter.  People beg celebs to follow them. There will be some jackholes that cough up the cash. 
The biggest complaint I've seen is "Doesn't Shaq have millions of dollars?  Why doesn't he fund this himself?"  I read somewhere that Diesel put up the first $450,000.  The Indiegogo is mainly just to gauge interest. Shaq and the investors don't want to put a bunch of money into this if no one cares. If it makes it to Xbox or WiiU, I'll buy it.  I'm just not putting up any indiegogo money until it gets to those stretch goals.  I don't want to get stuck with a PC download.

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 12:45:58 pm »
It's a flexible funding campaign, so they're gonna get the pledged money no matter if the reach the goal or not, and I'm sure Shaq can reach in his pocket and fund the rest himself if needed.

For me I'm just waiting to see actual gameplay footage before jumping in. I'm somewhat hyped though, it seems like it could be cool, and it's sad to see all these people calling it crap solely because it's a sequel to a bad game that was made TWENTY YEARS AGO. I mean, come on, give it a chance.

scott

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 01:09:02 pm »
Is it sad that me and my friends used to play Shaq-Fu constantly and actually had fun with it?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 01:20:01 pm »
Is it sad that me and my friends used to play Shaq-Fu constantly and actually had fun with it?

It very much is, so extremely sad, I feel awful for you (I've never actually played Shaq-Fu lol)

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 01:38:49 pm »
Like Shaq doesn't have any money lying around from all those Gold Bond commercials (not to mention his CAREER), so he has to crowd-fund. What a joke. Free money for the sake of free money.

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 01:45:13 pm »
LOLOL. For 500 dollars Shaq will follow you on Instagram!

soera

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 04:50:48 pm »
Some of the rewards are crazy ... but honestly, I can see weirdo fans paying that kind of money. Ive seen other pledge type things with crazy rewards for high priced bids and they get snapped up.

ffxik

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 07:01:46 pm »
I see this failing horribly.  Crowd funding or no, just the game in it's entirety.  The hobo specials are quite pricey on this endeavor.  Not to mention they already have $200 worth of DLC in the pipe.  According to the $25 "perk".  The soundtrack is going to suck on this thing, especially since apparently they are remixing music from is short lived rapping career for this thing.

There has never been any interest in a sequel and  that hasn't changed.  I love beat'em ups but I have a feeling this will be another Double Dragon II: Wander of Dragons.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 07:03:20 pm by ffxik »

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 04:12:09 am »
You know....  The original actually had pretty good graphics in comparison to other fighters of the time....  I recall the animations being very smooth in it....

scott

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 10:20:58 am »
I may need to load up the ol Shaq-Fu cart.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 01:36:41 am »
Wow.... Well.... At least there not trying to reserrect "pit-fighter"
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren