Author Topic: Game/Genre You Want To See Return!  (Read 7094 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Game/Genre You Want To See Return!
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2014, 02:11:04 pm »
I'd totally love a new Super Mario RPG game too.

Isn't the "Paper Mario" and "Mario & Luigi" series basically sequels to Super Mario RPG?

bobster

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2014, 02:41:16 pm »
I'd totally love a new Super Mario RPG game too.

Isn't the "Paper Mario" and "Mario & Luigi" series basically sequels to Super Mario RPG?
In some ways yes, but not really. The look and feel of those games are more cheery and light. Super Mario RPG was somewhat darker and more mature. It's really hard for me to explain  :-\

The battle systems are similar though.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 05:28:21 pm »
balls

90snostalga

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2014, 08:21:04 pm »
balls

Not sure if this is a joke or you are referring to the game lol  ;D

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2014, 11:37:33 pm »
Yes, I'll totally throw in for Super Mario RPG also.  They have never gone back and made a proper sequel or game in the same style and it's a real shame as I loved that game a lot.

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2014, 05:24:08 pm »
balls

Not sure if this is a joke or you are referring to the game lol  ;D

both

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2014, 05:24:35 pm »
i would like to see a new madden game

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2014, 01:25:54 am »
This is a question I could spend hours answering....  I'll toss out a few to keep it short and simple:

Suikoden (no reboot crap either)
Destrega (Yeah, I know no one like it other than me, but it was basically the precursor to Power Stone)
Power Stone (Imagine the online)

As for genre, I'd definitely say Metroidvania needs a kick in the rear....  Granted I'd love nothing more than some legit, cannon, classic Metroid and Castelvania 2D sidescrollers specifically, but I'm not so naive....

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2014, 02:00:46 am »
This is a question I could spend hours answering....  I'll toss out a few to keep it short and simple:

Destrega (Yeah, I know no one like it other than me, but it was basically the precursor to Power Stone)

As for genre, I'd definitely say Metroidvania needs a kick in the rear....  Granted I'd love nothing more than some legit, cannon, classic Metroid and Castelvania 2D sidescrollers specifically, but I'm not so naive....

I don't know. Resurrecting old franchises in 2D has worked pretty well recently for a lot companies, specifically Nintendo. I think there's a very good possibility we could see Metroid and Castlevania return to their roots, especially Metroid.

90snostalga

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2014, 04:28:53 am »

NFL 2K.  2k5 was the best! :)  I have to say it.  Madden games never improve anything but the rosters.  Waste of money.

I guess that's my answer to the post quest.  I want 2K to get a NFL license again and make another NFL 2K game.  Back in the early/mid 2000s when Madden actually had competition, they at least improved lots of stuff each year.  After 2005 when 2K was off the train, Madden basically slaps on a new cover artwork and updates rosters.

argyle

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2014, 09:02:31 am »

Since the creator of Symphony of the Night & most (all?) of the GBA/DS Castlevania's has now left Konami to do his own thing, and has even commented that fans of his past games will be excited for what he's working on - I fully expect a new "Metroidvania" title to be announced from him soon-ish.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2014, 11:36:50 am »

NFL 2K.  2k5 was the best! :)  I have to say it.  Madden games never improve anything but the rosters.  Waste of money.

I guess that's my answer to the post quest.  I want 2K to get a NFL license again and make another NFL 2K game.  Back in the early/mid 2000s when Madden actually had competition, they at least improved lots of stuff each year.  After 2005 when 2K was off the train, Madden basically slaps on a new cover artwork and updates rosters.
what madden needs to do it just a roster update for a few years and make a new game for 2 years time
but they wont. they will just keep milking the cow

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2014, 10:34:43 pm »
Personally, I'd love to see a return of Space Flight Sims, similar to Colony Wars.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2014, 12:10:39 pm »

Since the creator of Symphony of the Night & most (all?) of the GBA/DS Castlevania's has now left Konami to do his own thing, and has even commented that fans of his past games will be excited for what he's working on - I fully expect a new "Metroidvania" title to be announced from him soon-ish.  :)

Now there's those Symphony of the Night 2 rumors swirling. Let's hope they become more than just rumors.