Author Topic: April 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 32500 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: April 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 12:03:35 am »
FINALLY found a cheap and real copy of the Zelda Minish Cap today! Every copy I have ran into was either $20+ or fake, glad I finally got the real deal for a good price :)

Great game! Enjoy that.

karyann

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 09:48:55 am »
FINALLY found a cheap and real copy of the Zelda Minish Cap today! Every copy I have ran into was either $20+ or fake, glad I finally got the real deal for a good price :)

You just made me realise I never cheked mine to see if it was genuine or not. I was especially worried since I don't remember AT ALL where I got it (I was reorganizing my games one day, and when I saw it I was all "What, I have Minish Cap? Okay then"). But seems like it's genuine, phew!

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 10:10:35 am »

You just made me realise I never cheked mine to see if it was genuine or not. I was especially worried since I don't remember AT ALL where I got it (I was reorganizing my games one day, and when I saw it I was all "What, I have Minish Cap? Okay then"). But seems like it's genuine, phew!

I am always careful with this will all GBA and DS games, especially the popular and expensive titles. About 6-month ago I almost bought a fake Minish Cap for $20, but luckily I checked the cart out thoroughly before checking out. The worst are the Pokemon games; I actually see more fakes then authentic ones, really sad :(

argyle

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 10:23:37 am »
Yeah I picked up a bootleg Pokemon game in a yard sale last year.  Was surprising to me because I guess I just didn't expect to see them around here - and it looked like it was originally purchased from GS.  Luckily I bought it with several other games and paid very little for it - maybe a buck or so - so it was no loss other than the game itself, which I tossed. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 12:42:31 pm »
I am always careful with this will all GBA and DS games, especially the popular and expensive titles. About 6-month ago I almost bought a fake Minish Cap for $20, but luckily I checked the cart out thoroughly before checking out. The worst are the Pokemon games; I actually see more fakes then authentic ones, really sad :(

Yeah, I am really careful too now. I've never been screwed yet, luckily, but I know that GBA games are way too easy to bootleg.

Are DS games easy to bootleg too? It's the first time I've heard of it  :-\ 

foxhack

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 02:51:10 pm »

Yeah, I am really careful too now. I've never been screwed yet, luckily, but I know that GBA games are way too easy to bootleg.

Are DS games easy to bootleg too? It's the first time I've heard of it  :-\

Yep, the only ones that can't be bootlegged (as far as I  know) are 3DS games.

argyle

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 07:33:38 pm »

Was VERY happy to finally get this for a really good price (< $20).  :D  It's an extremely nice set, and I love me some Amano artwork! 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

Warmsignal

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2014, 10:21:07 pm »
While I've been ill, I managed to still add a few PS1 games to the library - Jersey Devil, Tai Fu, and Spiro Year of the Dragon! Trying to cover a lot of PS1 platforming ground.

EDIT: Of course I would forget my coolest find of the year. Darksiders II, brand new for $5.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 01:37:04 am by Warmsignal »

blipcs76

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 09:40:26 am »

Was VERY happy to finally get this for a really good price (< $20).  :D  It's an extremely nice set, and I love me some Amano artwork!

I picked it up as well.  I almost bit when it was about $30 or so a week or two ago, but passed on it.  Glad I did, since i was able to get this better deal on it.  Should look great next to my Vampire Hunter D artbook of Amano's work.

blipcs76

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 09:41:46 am »
Picked up some great NES carts this morning at a garage sale.

- Mega Man 4 (the last MM cart I needed for my NES collection)
- Monster in my Pocket
- Terra Cresta

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2014, 10:43:49 am »

- Monster in my Pocket
- Terra Cresta

I played a whole lot of Monster In My Pocket as a kid. Nice looking graphics and sound for an NES game.

blipcs76

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2014, 11:19:40 am »

- Monster in my Pocket
- Terra Cresta

I played a whole lot of Monster In My Pocket as a kid. Nice looking graphics and sound for an NES game.

I've seen several recent 'overlooked game' reviews that featured it, so I was excited to come across it this morning and add it to my collection.  That also only leaves 4 Konami games left for me to find.  Sadly, TMNT Tournament Fighters is still one of them  :(

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2014, 11:20:59 am »
I bought a psp from goodwill for $18 :3
-20 xbox games for $20 (some are good, some I couldn't care less about)
-Conception 2
-Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (I pre-ordered it)
-Wrath of the White Witch
-Persona 3 Portable
-Valkyria Chronicles 2
-Photo Kano
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:36:23 pm by instantreplay »

argyle

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 11:40:58 am »

I picked it up as well.  I almost bit when it was about $30 or so a week or two ago, but passed on it.  Glad I did, since i was able to get this better deal on it.  Should look great next to my Vampire Hunter D artbook of Amano's work.

I never put it together that he did the character designs for Vampire Hunter D, but now that you say it I can totally see it.  I bet that book is awesome.  :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2014, 09:19:19 pm »

- Monster in my Pocket
- Terra Cresta

I've seen several recent 'overlooked game' reviews that featured it, so I was excited to come across it this morning and add it to my collection.  That also only leaves 4 Konami games left for me to find.  Sadly, TMNT Tournament Fighters is still one of them  :(

Why get Tournament Fighters on NES when you can get it for SNES or Genesis? They're MUCH better versions. Better graphics, better sound, and better controllers for a fighter (6-button in the Genesis's case).