Author Topic: Koji Igarashi left Konami! D:  (Read 1072 times)

scott

Koji Igarashi left Konami! D:
« on: April 05, 2014, 10:20:12 am »
Sad day Castlevania fans. We won't be seeing another IGA headed Castlevania title, ever.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/03/the-challenge-of-leaving-castlevania-and-konami-behind/

I guess this means that "classic" Metroidvania Castlevania games are truely dead.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

Re: Koji Igarashi left Konami! D:
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 10:44:02 am »
They let him out of the janitor's closet?

I'm not kidding, I thought they'd fired him years ago because Konami's management is stupid!

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 11:19:11 am »
I feel like he is one of many star developers that have left these huge developers due to the rapid and mostly negative changes in the gaming industry. With many of these big companies losing tons of money and actual talent it is hard not to imagine another video game crash coming soon.

scott

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 12:37:01 pm »
Apparently after Lords of Shadow, he got transferred to the "social games" department. :\

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 12:55:14 pm »
Apparently after Lords of Shadow, he got transferred to the "social games" department. :\

I can understand why he quit. Such an enormous waste of talent.

scott

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 01:12:53 pm »
Agreed. Hopefully he'll pull something like Inafune did and start up an indie studio. Unfortunately that means we'll prolly never see one of his games on a physical format ever again though.

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 01:18:27 pm »
Agreed. Hopefully he'll pull something like Inafune did and start up an indie studio. Unfortunately that means we'll prolly never see one of his games on a physical format ever again though.

Yeah, and sadly no matter how much praise a potential Igarashi indi project would get, I still could not buy it if it was digital only.

As amazing as Mighty 9 looks, I can't buy it unless it saw a physical release. They are definitely beyond the hardware capabilities of retro consoles, but would love to see some of these indi releases get a very limited cartridge or CD release for an older system. I'd be the first in line to buy them, even if they were over $100 each.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 03:26:35 pm »
Well damn. First Capcom slowly dies, and now Konami is as well.

I don't want to be stuck with EA, Squaresoft, and Activision as the only big 3rd party companies.

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 05:25:54 pm »
Well damn. First Capcom slowly dies, and now Konami is as well.

I don't want to be stuck with EA, Squaresoft, and Activision as the only big 3rd party companies.

You mean EA and Activision... because Squeenix is next if they keep going down the same path.