Author Topic: The obscure of the obscure console games  (Read 3686 times)

dreama1

The obscure of the obscure console games
« on: April 14, 2014, 05:45:38 pm »
The most obscure, obscure video games that almost no one has heard of except maybe you and two other people lol? Do share, and some detail.

Re: The obscure of the obscure console games
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 06:26:32 pm »
Nice signature there!

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 07:21:38 pm »
Super Mario Bros.  8)

htimreimer

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 12:43:46 am »
the tele spiel ES2201 from 1975: its basically a all original european rip off of the odyssey 1 and its the kind of console that theflea would have also if the flea dose get one, i will be jealous because i have been looking for one so long: more info, http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=2&c=664

theflea

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 05:26:12 am »
Yes I would want one If I had a chance at one, If I get one I'll be sure to let you know. lol  ::)

There's many obscure I could talk about, if you have been reading "My 8-Bits" series you'll see my reviews and experiences with the ones I have owned. In fact I just reviewed the PC-50X series which is an obscure console.

But If I have to say what my favorite to play obscure console is that I happen to own?

Number one would have to be the Sammy Atomiswave Custom.
This was made to be a console for Arcade owners, They would place this console inside an arcade cabinet then they can buy new carts to change the game, kinda similar to Neo Geo MVS and Capcom's CPS2.

The original motherboard console isn't that hard to find, but a fully consoled version can be. From what I have found the system is extremely difficult to make into a console and when they are made they sell for well over $800. and that doesn't include the joystick or games. My system can use any Neo Geo controller but I picked up a full arcade stick to use with it. I had this playing at a party once and this system was being played non stop. I own seven games for it as of right now but I recently just ordered a new one. Biggest issue I have buying games for it is there's a lot of pirate carts out there.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

dreama1

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 10:16:22 am »
Nice signature there!
Yeah fail ;D How you fix it?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:18:13 am by dreama1 »

pacpix

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 10:30:23 am »
If you are trying to add this,

put this code in your signature:
Code: [Select]
[url=http://vgcollect.com/dreama1][img]http://vgcollect.com/sig/dreama1.jpg[/img]
[/url]
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

dreama1

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 12:35:47 pm »
Thanks.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 12:49:47 pm »
Has anyone heard of MorphX? Or The First Templar? Or The Cursed Crusade? Didn't think so, and these are kind of recent games. I like these oddball Russian developed games that come out of left field and no one gives a second glance at after they get rated 2 out of 10. They're actually not bad games. Does anyone know about the game Bound By Flame that's coming out soon? That's one I watching for. Did anyone play Knights Contract? That was a pretty good game, I thought.

Did anyone here play the first Obscure game for PS2? Aptly titled. How about Stretch Panic, Scaler, or Ruff Trigger? Ever heard of Circus Maximus? It's a game where you race chariots while you sword fight, it's not bad. Was I the only one who picked up Emily The Strange for DS, or Duke Nukem: Critical Mass after the commercial failure of Forever? Has anyone ever played Tai Fu for PS1? How about Ninja Crusaders on NES? That game is freakin awesome.

I could go on and on, because I love obscure games.

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 11:46:40 pm »
Speaking of Russian games, I love the Soviet Game & Watch ripoffs and bootlegs by Elektronika. It wasn't stealing because everything belongs to the public.  ;)

karyann

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 09:49:43 am »
Has anyone heard of MorphX? Or The First Templar? Or The Cursed Crusade? Didn't think so, and these are kind of recent games. I like these oddball Russian developed games that come out of left field and no one gives a second glance at after they get rated 2 out of 10. They're actually not bad games. Does anyone know about the game Bound By Flame that's coming out soon? That's one I watching for. Did anyone play Knights Contract? That was a pretty good game, I thought.

Did anyone here play the first Obscure game for PS2? Aptly titled. How about Stretch Panic, Scaler, or Ruff Trigger? Ever heard of Circus Maximus? It's a game where you race chariots while you sword fight, it's not bad. Was I the only one who picked up Emily The Strange for DS, or Duke Nukem: Critical Mass after the commercial failure of Forever? Has anyone ever played Tai Fu for PS1? How about Ninja Crusaders on NES? That game is freakin awesome.

I could go on and on, because I love obscure games.

Cursed Crusade, sure! I own it, and I've seen it now and then in shops, but I sure had never heard about it before. I haven't gotten around to playing it, but it seems awesome.

dreama1

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 10:36:24 am »
Yes I would want one If I had a chance at one, If I get one I'll be sure to let you know. lol  ::)

There's many obscure I could talk about, if you have been reading "My 8-Bits" series you'll see my reviews and experiences with the ones I have owned. In fact I just reviewed the PC-50X series which is an obscure console.

But If I have to say what my favorite to play obscure console is that I happen to own?

Number one would have to be the Sammy Atomiswave Custom.
This was made to be a console for Arcade owners, They would place this console inside an arcade cabinet then they can buy new carts to change the game, kinda similar to Neo Geo MVS and Capcom's CPS2.

The original motherboard console isn't that hard to find, but a fully consoled version can be. From what I have found the system is extremely difficult to make into a console and when they are made they sell for well over $800. and that doesn't include the joystick or games. My system can use any Neo Geo controller but I picked up a full arcade stick to use with it. I had this playing at a party once and this system was being played non stop. I own seven games for it as of right now but I recently just ordered a new one. Biggest issue I have buying games for it is there's a lot of pirate carts out there.

Those cartridges look familiar, i'm getting the vibe i've seen it before. Like something you see then you forget it even existed.

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 12:12:12 pm »
Ever hear of the Intec Interact?

theflea

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 06:12:30 am »
This wii clone piece of cheap plastic garbage? lol

"Happy game hunting!!!"

dreama1

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 11:27:43 am »
This wii clone piece of cheap plastic garbage? lol

The polystation 3 is better.. Not really.