Author Topic: How do you your love for video games has gone too far...  (Read 879 times)

90snostalga

How do you your love for video games has gone too far...
« on: April 18, 2014, 02:20:58 pm »
Here's how.  When you kill your kid over video games.  Check this unfortunate link out:  I've prayed for the boy and his Turf

http://fox10tv.com/2014/04/18/deputies-man-smothered-crying-son-over-video-game/

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: How do you your love for video games has gone too far...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 03:49:19 pm »
holy crap... that's not love. That's a sickness.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 03:51:28 pm »
That is definitely an extreme example, but more common, I think people go to far when they go into serious debt because of their gaming habit. I know a local collector that went over 10k in debt because of his obsession with collecting.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 12:27:42 am »
I heard about the one in Korea, I believe, where a man neglected his responsibilities for his infant child because he loves playing at internet cafes.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 12:41:35 am »
There's any number of situations for this.  If it's not just letting a kid die or killing a kid, it's those crazy situations where someone died because they couldn't stop playing games.  They played for like 3 days straight hopped up on nothing but junk food and energy drink and then died because their body couldn't handle it.  I think your video game love has hit the bad point way before something like that, but those are the pinnacle of extreme examples.

A more realistic thing would be like if you are missing work or events because you are gaming, you haven't left the home in awhile, eating well isn't being considered, you are spending all your money on games and nothing else to the detriment of your living situation, not being able to play your games becomes a serious issue to you, these are all more common things to see for sure.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:44:06 am by kamikazekeeg »