Author Topic: Mass delete my Steam items?  (Read 1886 times)

Mass delete my Steam items?
« on: December 09, 2014, 10:02:08 pm »
My Steam/PCdigitalNA categories are really overshadowing my entire collection so I've decided to delete them from my account. However this is easier said then done as my Steam category contains over 437 items. While I've already deleted my PCdigitalNA games due to it only being around 100 or so items my Steam list would take at least an hour to remove.
So my question is can an admin mass remove my entire Steam section off my profile with just a few clicks? Cheers

tafk

PRO Supporter

Re: Mass delete my Steam items?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 11:14:21 am »
I did the same. I would second that being able to mass delete would be a godsend.

scott

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 11:20:42 am »
Sent the link to Matt. Hopefully he can look into it asap.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 11:41:56 am »
@campercarl

Poof! They are gone.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 01:52:00 pm »
@campercarl

Poof! They are gone.

Any chance this could be a user-initiated service or if this ever happened to one of us we would just have to PM you matt?

soera

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 04:28:33 pm »
Maybe the option to delete a category in the collection wouldnt be a bad idea. Some people eventually sell off certain parts of the collection as a whole for example.

matt

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 11:49:26 am »
@campercarl

Poof! They are gone.

Any chance this could be a user-initiated service or if this ever happened to one of us we would just have to PM you matt?

There is always a chance! Not sure how high it'd be on the priority list right now but it's something I'll look into.

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 02:49:19 am »
Just tossing my 2 cents in as I'd like to see a user controlled deletion option also.  I don't actually have tons of games, but I've kinda messed up my collection by trading and selling off a bunch of stuff and not keeping track of them, so I'm thinking it would be easier for myself to just wipe the slate and start from scratch.  Would be handy to have that option rather than me having to go and delete 300 items individually lol

jcalder8

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 11:15:33 am »
My concern with having this option for general user is at some point someone will delete everything and will be asking matt/scott to put it all back.

matt

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 06:16:42 pm »
My concern with having this option for general user is at some point someone will delete everything and will be asking matt/scott to put it all back.

Yeah and it's a one way street. We do have daily backups but there is no easy way to trudge through it.