Author Topic: Import games: What do you have? What do you want?  (Read 3881 times)

Re: Import games: What do you have? What do you want?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 02:17:06 pm »
Super Galedlic hour (JP ps2)
E.X. troopers (JP PS3)
Galgun (JP PS3)
No More Heroes: Red Zone (JP PS3)
Photo Kano (JP PSP)

soera

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 04:54:44 pm »
Have:
PS3:
Ni no Kuni (German ed., game completely in English)

Any difference on this? Id be interested in looking for one for myself if there is anything different about it.

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 05:57:35 pm »
I REALLY want the Boku no Natsuyasumi series, granted while I probably couldn't be able to play 1, 2, or 4 (1 and 2 being I don't have a JPN PS2, since 1 was on PS1 and 2 was on PS2, nor do I have any 3rd Party software to play them, and 4 because I don not have a functioning PSP, 3 I can play just fine, though the series is Japanese only....), it looks like something I'd really enjoy.

argyle

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 06:07:30 pm »
Have:
PS3:
Ni no Kuni (German ed., game completely in English)

Any difference on this? Id be interested in looking for one for myself if there is anything different about it.

Not really - different game cover art I suppose.  Basically after getting the game I decided I *really* wanted the Wizard's Ed. for the book, but of course it was long since sold out (and everyone who had supposedly bought it was in the middle of fighting Digital River over their canceled orders...).  So I did some digging and discovered the German Ed. was still taking preorders at the time and was completely in English (including the book).  So I got it for just barely over $100 and was very happy about that.  :D  The only thing different from the 2 CE's (German vs US) is the German one came w/ the book & Drippy plush, and I think the US version had one other thing - a coin or something.  Oh, and the artwork is identical on the CE box as well, there was a slipcover over it w/ the German ratings, etc. but once you remove that it looks like the US one from what I've seen. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

foxhack

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 06:29:13 pm »
I have a bunch of uh, "grails" from Europe I'd like to pick up:

Robocop (this was ported to the Xbox and sold in the US)
Miami Vice (Sold overseas, but not over here)

As for what I have, most of them are European versions of games that got released over here in one way or another, but the one I like the most is Tintin: Objectif Aventure (France). It's got multiple languages and it's one of the weirdest PlayStation ports I've ever seen. The game is basically the PS1 game with very little modification. Most of the assets and configuration files are exactly the same. It also runs perfectly on Windows 7, the devs really did a good job with it.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 08:10:26 pm »
Funny this popped up because I recently got a Action Replay for the Saturn so I could start playing imports on it since it is a lot cheaper to get those. Though I have a few JRPG's just to say I have them Or to Complete a series

Have
SNES
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Tales Of Phantasia
  • Yuu Yuu Hakusho 2
Saturn
  • Last Bronx
  • Sakura Wars
  • Sakura Wars 2

Waiting on right now
  • Sakura Taisen Colums
  • Teigeki Graph in Sakura Wars