Author Topic: I've got a bad new complusive habbit!  (Read 926 times)

Warmsignal

I've got a bad new complusive habbit!
« on: April 21, 2014, 03:01:43 pm »
Well, it was bad enough that I feel compelled to keep every receipt, and tuck them behind the manuals of my games. Now I've gone a step further. You know those annoying price tag stickers? Most obviously, the GameStop stickers? Now I like take those off of the cover and re-stick them on the inside of the case, under the manual, or wherever I can that is practical and not too noticeable.

I always like to find these old price tag stickers on games, where the cost was a lot lower than what it is worth now. So, I like to do that with my purchases, for future reference. Perhaps one day some of these cheap games will be valued a little more again, and I'll have evidence of what they were at rock bottom price. I sort of wish that I had been doing this for years. No big deal, just another little quirk of mine. I particularly like doing this with Wii games, because I have a suspicion people will look back a bit more fondly on the Wii than the zero love that they gave it while it was relevant.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:04:47 pm by Warmsignal »

dreama1

Re: I've got a bad new complusive habbit!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 03:23:45 pm »
Might make you depressed when the pricetag is 1/8 than it was today.  :D

theflea

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 05:15:40 am »
I toss price stickers and receipts but I do keep those xbox seal stickers that hold the case closed. I stick them inside the case behind the manual.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 11:52:55 am »
Sounds like too much work. The only time I care about whether a sticker is on a game is if it is on the spine.

argyle

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 12:03:06 pm »
I take great pains to get all of the stickers OFF of my cases, but once they're off they go in the trash!  :P 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 11:52:00 pm »
Same response as argyle's.

If I do have your compulsion, I'd probably put the sticker on the disc holder.  That way, when I take out the disc, I'll have a constant reminder of what I paid.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 12:00:21 am »
I've been doing it for years. When I buy something new the receipt goes right in the case. If it's used, the sticker goes on the receipt then in the case. You're not weird at all. 

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 11:07:41 am »
I can understand why you'd want to do this. I haven't gone that far yet, but like some on here I like holding on to receipts for games and stashing them away in the case. It is kind of like preserving a memory of when and where I bought the game. Even better is when I find other people's receipts in games I pick up, especially really old ones :p

I think the coolest price stickers are ones from long ago that still happen to be on the box. I have seen a few SNES and Genesis games with stickers from the early 90s on them which is awesome. Also, I occasionally run into games with stickers on them from a local game store I used to love shopping at, but has been out of business for about 10-years now. Seeing old stickers from it brings back memories :)